Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But if he was just being fair he would not be coming down on either side of the fence and I get the impression that his feelings over this are quite anti the board and quite pro Poyet.

Maybe I've misinterpreted

fairness
I have always said I TRUST none of them including Gus

the truth would be nice and BW has always stated he knows what happened with his nose firmly up the backside of the club without qualifying what he knows or how he knows

maybe you can get an answer from him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
By then his position had become untenable internally and you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to know why.

Indeed, Watson, a shot at a Premier League job, but the compensation was a problem. Project Poyet was on hold.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So coming down on the side of GP is \not being fair but doing the same on the side of the board IS :ffsparr:

in those few word you have hit the nail right on the head

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So coming down on the side of GP is \not being fair but doing the same on the side of the board IS :ffsparr:

Given the info in the public domain, yes. :FFSPuncheon

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Right. Do you know what went on? Just a basic yes or no. One word answer.

If you answer no then I see no way in which you can justify calling me or anyone else clueless....especially when I havent even stated what I believe happened. If you state yes then, according to your logic you either worked for the club or got told by Gus.

So one word. Yes or no?

Yes (but I don't work for the club). Sorry, had to use more than one word.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is oscar currently sulking, since Nathan does all the interviews?

No - that doesn't follow. I think as assistant Jones has been delegated to do them, for whatever reason.

Gus did pretty much all the interviews for 3 years - and then suddenly stopped without explanation - we got Charlie, and Charlie again, sometimes Tanno, but no Gus. And no reason was ever given for this sudden change.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not sure that that is FAIR :lolol:

One says he knows what happened and has formed his opinion and is on the boards side, the other admits he hasn't a clue so shouldn't be coming down on either side??

Does BW know anything? I haven't a clue but he says he does.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Try being fair to Tony, the board, the club. The ignorance of those who blindly fail to see Gus' personality faults - people like you, and the other usual suspects - deserve to receive the responses they receive. You really haven't got a ****ing clue. All of you.

And what about those that equally fail to see the club's, PB's and TB's faults ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No - that doesn't follow. I think as assistant Jones has been delegated to do them, for whatever reason.

Gus di pretty much all the interviews - and then suddenly stopped without explanation - we got Charlie, and Charlie again, sometimes Tanno, but no Gus. And no reason was ever given for this sudden change.

We did get gus after Charlie started, several people have referred to it in this thread several times. Oscar has done some interviews. And then not.

Why couldn't it simply have been delegation with gus? What if it was, instead of sulking, simply something he had no interest in doing because he knew he was leaving and felt if this came across in interview it could raise questions that unsettle the squad?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Gus told you.

I can imagine that LOADS of people have heard one side of the story, be it the boards or Poyets, I really doubt many have heard both which would be the only way to draw a decent conclusion?

I've heard neither but I hold my hands up to being pissed off with the Gus persona if not the football quite a long time before the playoff semis.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yes (but I don't work for the club). Sorry, had to use more than one word.

Do you think there's any chance the person who told might be biased (or the person that told them biased?)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So Gus told you.

it really is no good keep on asking him you will not get an answer
just the normal Gus bile/pro club blurb
I have come to the conclusion he does not know he just loves to wind people up
just a troll we have picked up along the way

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you think there's any chance the person who told might be biased (or the person that told them biased?)

With the club, yes. Biased, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports