Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
COME ON THEN FOR THE UMTEENTH AND ONE TIME TELL US WHAT HAPPENED

you see people will always believe in some fairness
let us all know and maybe I and some others will fall down on the side of the club and support Tony and the club to the hilt ........but until I have some transparency from you and the club that is not going to happen

is it

So in the meantime you'll just side with Poyet? Bizarre, shouldn't you be on the fence?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Love the fact that the OP dropped his bombs, lost interest and buggered off leaving us idiots to fight it out amongst ourselves for 10 pages. Agent Sunderland - job done my son. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought he wanted to quit in March, why did he need to be engineered out?

He could have just handed in his resignation. You really do make things so simplistic to fit in with your agenda sometimes.

Nobody has to stay in a job they don't like when they are not dependant on the job for money.

He did want to quit in March, and he was told by Tony that they would discuss it at the end of the season - perfectly reasonable.

If any club that was interested in him were prepared to pay the compensation, then he would have gone before that.

But of course the compensation for another club was a problem, so Gus couldn't leave immediately - and a step on the Project Poyet roadmap was blocked.

After that sulks ( why was it suddenly always Charlie and tanno doing the pre match interviews ??? ), and 'gross misconduct' - at the same time as the albion were preparing for their biggest match since Hereford.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So in the meantime you'll just side with Poyet? Bizarre, shouldn't you be on the fence?

I have always said I want some fairness with the situation .............but all we hear is the drivel from BW how he knows what happened but is not prepared to tell anyone

I have also always said I don't TRUST anyone of them and anyone who does has got the rose tinted glasses super glued to their head

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He did want to quit in March, and he was told by Tony that they would discuss it at the end of the season - perfectly reasonable.

If any club that was interested in him were prepared to pay the compensation, then he would have gone before that.

But of course the compensation for another club was a problem, so Gus couldn't leave immediately - and a step on the Project Poyet roadmap was blocked. After that sulks, and 'gross misconduct'

Nope, don't get it. Was there some clause that he had to pay the compensation if he quit, if not he could have just left. Had he been tapped up and the club had proof, therefore he couldn't just quit because of the repercussions?

I just don't understand why he couldn't have walked if he was clean as a whistle and why he didn't :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

No, because he is FAIR. Or just ****ing clueless. I know which one I think he is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you?

I don't think I've ever written what I believe to have gone on. Not sure how you'd know whether I'm "wide of the mark" or not.

It is easy to work out which side of the Gus / Albion fence you sit on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, because he is FAIR. Or just ****ing clueless. I know which one I think he is.

But if he was just being fair he would not be coming down on either side of the fence and I get the impression that his feelings over this are quite anti the board and quite pro Poyet.

Maybe I've misinterpreted

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nope, don't get it. Was there some clause that he had to pay the compensation if he quit, if not he could have just left. Had he been tapped up and the club had proof, therefore he couldn't just quit because of the repercussions?

I just don't understand why he couldn't have walked if he was clean as a whistle and why he didn't :shrug:

I think if he quit and then miraculously walked into another job immediately, and there was proof of prior contact, then the new club would very much have had to pay the compensation.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think if he quit and then miraculously walked into another job immediately, and there was proof of prior contact, then the new club would very much have had to pay the compensation.

Good reason not to quit :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You called me ""F***ing clueless" as well.

Again, any proof that no one apart from YOU knows what went on?

What proof would you like? What evidence do you want? You know that the club will never spill the beans. Gus might, I suppose, given his HUGE mouth, but then it would just show him up in a very bad light. No, I doubt the truth will ever be known by the general public.

So, given what is in the public domain, I would put more faith in our club, you in Gus. That's where things stand.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But if he was just being fair he would not be coming down on either side of the fence and I get the impression that his feelings over this are quite anti the board and quite pro Poyet.

Maybe I've misinterpreted

No, you haven't. You are spot on. I was being sarcastic when offering up the 'fair' option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Without wanting to stir up a hornets-nest, I thought he was out-thought by Holloway over both legs.
In the first leg, we were on top and Zaha was getting nothing out of Bridge. 'Olly shifted Zaha from the right to the left, put him up against Calderon, and from thereon we were no longer on top.
Switching Zaha to the left was a blindingly obvious thing to do, and there was nothing we could do about that. That doesn't mean Worzel out-thought anyone. And coming away without conceding, we were by far the happier side.
In the second leg, 'Olly made some positive substitutions early in the second half. This involved shifting Zaha back to the right, leaving Bolasie to have a go at Calde, who put in a cross, which fell on the head of you know who, and went into you know where.
But only shortly before Barnes hit the woodwork, and had one cleared off the line. On another day we'd have taken the lead, and we just about never lost after taking the lead. Football games are often decided by a bit of luck or player skill, they're not always down to the tactics of the manager. That game just didn't go our way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What proof wouof like? What evidence do you want? You know you t the club will never spill the beans. Gus might, I suppose, given his HUGE mouth, but then ild just show him up in a very bad light. No, I doubt the truth will ever be known by the general public.

So, given what is in the public domain, I would put more faith in our club, you in Gus. That's where things stand.

Right. Do you know what went on? Just a basic yes or no. One word answer.

If you answer no then I see no way in which you can justify calling me or anyone else clueless....especially when I havent even stated what I believe happened. If you state yes then, according to your logic you either worked for the club or got told by Gus.

So one word. Yes or no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports