Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dover game OFF

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Summer summer, summer time!!

Joke weather , sitting in th club house waiting for can back to Dover train station!

Oh well!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Feel sorry for the people that made the trip, all that way to see a friendly game that gets cancelled!

To be fair though, the weather was appalling. I was in a pub just up from the ground and the water was like a river running down the road. I nipped back to the car for something and I was wading through water up to my shins.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
On my way to the ground, about half a mile away from it, we got diverted because the car parked on the road ahead was up to it's bonnet in water (no joke). Parts of the Alkham valley (one of the roads between Folkestone and Dover) was like a scene from one of the flash flood documentaries on the National Geographic channel. At a crossroads there was torrents of water coming down the hill on one side, across the our road and continuing down the other side, I swear it would take your legs away if you were to try and walk it. We tried 3 different routes to the ground, 1 was impassable, 1 was closed by police (because of flood water) and the last was several inches deep. We got to the ground and just as we got to the turnstiles they announced the game was off.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I got there a bit late, but quite a few Dover fans thought it would be rearranged for Tuesday.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Couldn't we send the dev squad back?. We had 2 squads in different places today, so why not Tuesday?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just home now after a truly disgusting Chinese. Otherwise a splendid day, and yes the weather down there was intolerable. We we in the Old Endeavour, and the river rose quite dramatically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here