Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dover Athletic

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Meanwhile lower down the leagues an old favourite gets the elbow.......Nicky Forster: Dover Athletic boss placed on gardening leave

Blue Square Bet South side Dover Athletic have placed manager Nicky Forster on gardening leave.
The decision was made following an emergency board meeting at the Kent club on Friday lunchtime.
Former Reading, Ipswich and Brighton striker Forster was appointed as Dover manager in September 2011.
The club are currently third in the table, 12 points off leaders Salisbury having played two games more, and have lost their last five matches.
The club say they expect to make further announcements about the decision over the weekend.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I know some will see this as blasphemous but I always thought Forster came across as a bit of a bellend.

Don't know why - never met the bloke but just used to think he was a bit of a twat. A know it all. And when he thought he could play Gus at that game it was clear who was going to win that conversation.

I oft wonder how that all happened in the early days of the Bus de Gus. Did he have a difficult dressing room, some larger than life characters - Did Forster think he would get the job, who else was anti Gus and who was pro?

Anyway, I digress - for the record and without one single piece of supporting evidence I was simply saying that I have always found Forster to have something of the 'tit' about him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know some will see this as blasphemous but I always thought Forster came across as a bit of a bellend.

Don't know why - never met the bloke but just used to think he was a bit of a twat. A know it all. And when he thought he could play Gus at that game it was clear who was going to win that conversation.

I oft wonder how that all happened in the early days of the Bus de Gus. Did he have a difficult dressing room, some larger than life characters - Did Forster think he would get the job, who else was anti Gus and who was pro?

Anyway, I digress - for the record and without one single piece of supporting evidence I was simply saying that I have always found Forster to have something of the 'tit' about him.

Always liked him as a player, but I know what you mean. It became particularly evident when he fell out with Mr P. at the end, and Gus quite rightly just carried on. I always wondered if there was more to that than met the eye.

Stumpy Tim

Always liked him as a player, but I know what you mean. It became particularly evident when he fell out with Mr P. at the end, and Gus quite rightly just carried on. I always wondered if there was more to that than met the eye.

To be fair to NF, he has since said he tried it on and Gus called his bluff. They got on well now apparently, and NF encouraged his son to sign the contract extension that he did.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I got that impression too. Fantastic player for us and I really enjoyed watching him show more intelligence around the penalty area than I'd seen from a Brighton player before, even Zamora. I always felt like Forster would forge a chance, he didn't really need too much support because he'd make sure something fell his way. He had the nous we're looking for, and the attitude as well I think because he wasn't happy just seeing out his career, he wanted the team and the club in particular to set our standards higher. I always got the impression he would be the type of guy in the dressing room telling people when they weren't pulling their weight. I have a lot of respect for him as a player, but like [MENTION=22975]DavidinSouthampton[/MENTION], I think Gus got it spot on. Not only did he set the tone for everyone else, but it allowed him to get in Ashley Barnes as a replacement so it was a win-win really.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To be fair to NF, he has since said he tried it on and Gus called his bluff. They got on well now apparently, and NF encouraged his son to sign the contract extension that he did.

Thanks - didn't realise that. My respect for both men increases - for Gus because he was not taken in by the "trying it on", and for Forster for admitting it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I liked Nicky, seemed a top pro and good attitude. Did not have a lot of the big charlie attitude some players have, and always happy to have a chat if he was out and about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here