Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie has gone!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thing is this will set back Murray big time. He seems to struggle with change in management, and is a difficult character to work with so will need to re-build confidence (two-way) with him. Hope they get SVEN or someone

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But we did have Gus whoreing himself (a bit) when the Wolves job came up when they were in the prem and a couple of other "bigger" clubs so we KNOW he will be off at some point.

But when Poyet does go I can guarantee with the set up we have we will have some high profile candidates applying twunts like Phil Brown wont even be considered.
Indeed. We've never said "Gus is Brighton through and through", we know he'll be off at some point and, unless things have gone really pear-shaped, he'll leave with our blessing and thanks for some great memories.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I imagine during the summer, there was interest in Zaha from bigger clubs, and he'll have been told by his mentor Cuddly Doug "Calm yourself Wilf. There's plenty of time for that. You owe this club a bit of loyalty - get your head down, and work with me to get Palace up the league, and you'll have plenty more offers later on".

I wonder how Wilf feels about things today?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So was I until a terrible thought struck me. What if Palace make a huge offer for Gu......I can't even bear to type it, may God strike my typing fingers for even trying!

They will not make a huge offer for anyone. It'll be someone cheap.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Now who was it that was supposed to go to the first team that came knocking?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I imagine during the summer, there was interest in Zaha from bigger clubs, and he'll have been told by his mentor Cuddly Doug "Calm yourself Wilf. There's plenty of time for that. You owe this club a bit of loyalty - get your head down, and work with me to get Palace up the league, and you'll have plenty more offers later on".

I wonder how Wilf feels about things today?

Well to a certain extent Dougie was right coz Wilf is on fire ATM. Big bucks for him in Jan.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
They will not make a huge offer for anyone. It'll be someone cheap.

Gus would NEVER go to Palace though, not just because they're our rivals but because he'd set his standards MUCH higher.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Very surprised he has gone,although he did say Bolton were by far the best team Palace have played this season

Reckon they're go for Martin Allen,he'd be affordable and he's doing a brilliant job at Gillingham at the moment

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Gus would NEVER go to Palace though, not just because they're our rivals but because he'd set his standards MUCH higher.

What a load of bollox that statement is, Gus will be off soon as someone with deep pockets comes calling!

I for one am gutted he's left but after so many were calling for his head after 3 games who can blame him for not being loyal?

Next news

Arise Sir Stevie C

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Is Freedman any good ? I guess we will find out. But I have always thought of him as a lucky manager. Which perhaps like generals is all you need to be.

Last season was patchy - to say the least. Great run in the cup - but they got lucky at the Amex. Then this season start crap - setting out defensively (no sign of the Trotters then) then what seemed to be as a last resort - set out to attack and had a fantastic run. Was that on the back of a single player in the form of his life.

I may be wrong - but there does not seem to be much philosophy there.

He did exactly the right thing to take the money though. The run they have had do not happen very often.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Indeed. We've never said "Gus is Brighton through and through", we know he'll be off at some point and, unless things have gone really pear-shaped, he'll leave with our blessing and thanks for some great memories.

And Gus has never even suggested anyhthing similar. We know he is a great place for his first stint as manager, and so I would think does he.

But come the day - it will be "Thanks for the memories, and there will always be a welcome".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Thing is this will set back Murray big time. He seems to struggle with change in management, and is a difficult character to work with so will need to re-build confidence (two-way) with him. Hope they get SVEN or someone

I hope they get a HARD TASKMASTER. Who SHOUTS at them a lot. The mardy-arsed northern Judas should respond nicely to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here