Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Double Headers.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Love this idea.
Do you think it could catch on over here?
Maybe the ladies playing first followed half and hour later by the men?
I can imagine PB rubbing his hands at the thought of doubling the percentage on the concessions.
It would also give the ladies a far bigger audience if they played at the amex surely?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Spurs did it involving our fixture at their place last season. I think it's a great idea, keeps people engaged. For the many early kick offs we have coming on Sundays this season I think it would be a great idea to have the women's match follow the men's. I think it would need to be men's match first in order to get everyone in, but women first would really help solve some of the travel problems as well because there would be a longer lead team. I think they'd rather men first then women though, it would ease the pressure on the travel network because a good 10-20k fans would stay on for the women's match.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The pitch would be a mess having two matches played back-to-back on it. So would rather the men play first over the ladies.

So no.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Love this idea.
I can imagine PB rubbing his hands at the thought of doubling the percentage on the concessions.
It would also give the ladies a far bigger audience if they played at the amex surely?
Bit complex, because you don't know who is going to be arriving early for the wimmin and then staying on for the men. And vice-versa if the WSL game is on after the mens. You arrive at your STH seat and there's some herbert who's been sat there since 12 for the first game, hows that going to work.

I suppose they can be turfed out if they've only paid to watch the ladies, but sounds like potential issues to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spurs did it involving our fixture at their place last season. I think it's a great idea, keeps people engaged. For the many early kick offs we have coming on Sundays this season I think it would be a great idea to have the women's match follow the men's. I think it would need to be men's match first in order to get everyone in, but women first would really help solve some of the travel problems as well because there would be a longer lead team. I think they'd rather men first then women though, it would ease the pressure on the travel network because a good 10-20k fans would stay on for the women's match.
It would have to be men first, if there was an issue, serious injury or alike in the women's game it would impact on the men's.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The pitch would be a mess having two matches played back-to-back on it. So would rather the men play first over the ladies.

So no.
is the practical answer. another is ticketing, cant have two ticket sessions so you'd limit the audience to STH and paying for the mens.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Love this idea.
No. Been discussed on here before. Have you thought it through?
Changing rooms for a start
Mass exit as women’s match is about to start
Etc

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Bit complex, because you don't know who is going to be arriving early for the wimmin and then staying on for the men. And vice-versa if the WSL game is on after the mens. You arrive at your STH seat and there's some herbert who's been sat there since 12 for the first game, hows that going to work.

I suppose they can be turfed out if they've only paid to watch the ladies, but sounds like potential issues to me.
The two matches would be sold as one booking. This problem just wouldn't happen.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Look at the cricket crowds when they try. It’s a bit embarrassing, especially when the woman’s game is second

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
So STH seats would presumably be off limits ? I, as a STH, would have zero interest in attending a WSL game.
No, the whole point is that as STH's we would get an extra game to watch, the girlies would get a better audience and the concorses would take extra money. You could say it's a win, win, win.
If you take your wifey or young daughter with you it's a family fun day out. Plus the youngster might be encouraged to have a go at the sport herself.

Happy Days!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, the whole point is that as STH's we would get an extra game to watch, the girlies would get a better audience and the concorses would take extra money. You could say it's a win, win, win.
If you take your wifey or young daughter with you it's a family fun day out. Plus the youngster might be encouraged to have a go at the sport herself.

Happy Days!
Would I be expected to pay for this extra game that I'm not remotely interested in ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Happy Days!
Try getting young kids to sit through 1 match, let alone 2.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Happy Days!
If the women were on first, there would be loads of empty seats during their game because people would rock up when the match has finished.
If the women were on second, there would be loads of empty seats during their game because people would have naffed off home.

Personally, I wouldn't want to watch both games and logistically I couldn't see how it would work effectively.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pre-match pub lunch and beer time has the priority for me.

Post-match "into town for a few beers" has the priority for me.

Each to their own though. Personally not interested basically.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here