Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't worry about us, we are only supporters.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I can congratulate you then. By not watching the Premier League on Sky you are, er well, not watching the Premier League on Sky. So you have stopped. As most of football's excesses are driven by money, a decline in viewing figures would affect the exorbitant amounts they are prepared to pay.

First port of call for viewing figures would be BARB http://www.barb.co.uk/resources/barb-facts/how-we-do-what-we-do

All the best. I'm off to Millwall.
Yeah, it works on a sample, a panel, (I was involved in a company once that supplied music-listening stats). I thought there was some sneaky new spy technology they were using to get them back from all subscribers.

However even if I accepted that Sky money was ruining football (which I don't, but that's a whole different subject on why football can't spend the money wisely), there is so much more to Sky than football. And, because of the way they structure the packages, it is dirt cheap for what it provides. Personally I've no objection if they hived the football off onto a separate Sky Football channel (to which I would not subscribe), but currently I have to take the rough with the smooth and accept that there is a lot of the Sky Sports output that doesn't interest me. Despite that though they'd have to more than double the Sky Sports package add-on price before I even thought of cancelling.

Hope you enjoyed Millwall. I went out for dinner with my family. Just found out this morning (via the match thread) it was a draw so not too bad a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here