Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donations to the Club

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Now that the dust has settled on the donations issues, does anyone have any ideas about what people who cannot afford, or choose not to pay, the £100 can do to help?

Some ideas could include:

Buying more Withdean Wager tickets.

Subscribing to 'Heroes and Winners'

Look to donate items of Memorabilia to auctions

Sell old programmes and donate money to the Club

Now is an important time for unity, and it would be a pity if a schism developed between those who have paid and those who have not or cannot.

We all have the Albion's best interest at heart, and more sources for maximising revenue can only be a good thing.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
The main thing here is that some people seem to think that if they cannot give £100 then they have failed to do what the club wants. That's not true. The club have worked out that if everyone they have sent letters to sent in that amount then the £2million would be raised. But anything that people send in will be a help. We all have different levels of income and expenditure and I certainly won't be able to afford £100 or anywhere near it, but I will certainly send something and my conscience will be clear.
Also those who do not send as much £100 will be balanced out by those who are able to send more than that amount.
The point is that anything that the fans send in is cutting into the clubs debt and easing the financial shortfall. That's all that matters. Personally I think that £1million will be a more realistic total.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I posted a few days ago that people shouldn't get hung up about the figures of £100 or £250.

As Gullet said if someone wants to donate then anything will help.

If you can afford a tenner then send a tenner. Maybe a fiver - it all helps.
That is how the Bradford City fans did it.

Many hands make light work - some old Chinese guy - but he was right.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
£5 a week for 50 weeks and you get your named seat.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Yorkie said:
I posted a few days ago that people shouldn't get hung up about the figures of £100 or £250.

As Gullet said if someone wants to donate then anything will help.

If you can afford a tenner then send a tenner. Maybe a fiver - it all helps.
That is how the Bradford City fans did it.

Many hands make light work - some old Chinese guy - but he was right.

I donated a fiver

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm pretty broke now, but I'll be ordering the shirt on Monday - was going to do it this week, but the shop seemed to be closed, for obvious reasons.

Thats the best part of a hundred euros that will pass through the club, not sure how much profit they'll get from it though.

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
i dont get to see as many games as i wish due to work, but listen to games on the radio, so i dont contribute much to the club apart from the odd shirt, mug etc from the shop, so will give £10 a month by standing order, worth it for the enjoyment i get from the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here