Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donatello

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Was out with Mrs Sonic last night when she saw a bloke in an Albion shirt and asked 'Have you got a player called Donatello'? I nearly spat my curry across the restaurant. Proof that (some) women and football just don't mix!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When Smith asked for a runner on Sunday, I was asked to explain it to the Mrs. I'm still trying....

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
After tellig my Girlfriend for TWO weeks about my trip to Carlisle and how I had to leave at 5.30 and how its going to be a long day etc she asked me on the Friday...

"Are Brighton at home tomorrow or are you acctually going to Carlisle?"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
An Ex of mine on being introduced to George Harrison, probably the third most famous person on the planet at the time. Replied "Hello George, and what do you do." :wozza:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Two classics from my wife: Firstly we were watching the England v Sri Lanka game the other day and she said "Isn't it strange they've got two players called Odee Kareer." Yes, she was reading the stats for ODI Career.

This goes with her other gaffe of shouting 'Offside!' at our son's football games whenever the ball went out for a throw-in. She thought 'offside' meant the ball had gone off the side of the pitch.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Oh and another non-sport related cracker from the missus.

While having a chat with one of her sisters friends who has just moved back home after working in Korea she askes...

"What money do they use in Korea? Is it the Euro?"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My ex asked if Independence Day actually happened.....

I swear I'm not making that up.
A 'sort of' related point: My wife (again, sorry dear) had never heard of the American War of Independence. She knew about the 4th July being Independence Day but "I didn't realise they'd fought a war over it."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The barmaid last night clocked the abbreviation of West Ham at the top of the screen during the game.

"Ooh look. Man City are playing WHAM"

*simper*

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The barmaid last night clocked the abbreviation of West Ham at the top of the screen during the game.

"Ooh look. Man City are playing WHAM"

*simper*

Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley makes rare public appearance at football match | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

SNN2913A-280_898143a.jpg

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Was out with Mrs Sonic last night when she saw a bloke in an Albion shirt and asked 'Have you got a player called Donatello'? I nearly spat my curry across the restaurant. Proof that (some) women and football just don't mix!

My girlfriend did ask why I had Donatello on the back of mine considering it wasn't my surname. Mind you she then bought the pink and white girls top, so she's not all bad.

She also recently said we need to get some WKD40 for the squeeky door.

best was last season though, when listening to the 4-4 Liverpool vs Srsenal came she came out with this beauty "I don't like this radio station, all you can hear is Liverpool fans. It's biased"...... ummm, it's an Anfield?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My missus had a load of raffle tickets in her bag the other day. I asked what they were for - turns out it was a MEAT raffle. Five quids worth of tickets. When I pointed out we could have bought a perfectly good joint of meat for a fiver, I was called a "boring old fart".

And we lost.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
At least I can post on NSC whilst writing a work strategy and doing the ironing!:salute:

Alright Flowerpot? I thought you may be struggling with your Work Strategy so thought I'd help you out.

1. Finish Ironing
2. Change upstairs loo roll
3. Stick washing in
4. empty dishwasher
5. pop into Waitrose for butternut squash and mange tout
6. Pick kids up
7. Chill out while kids watch telly, hubby not back from work for 3 hours yet.

Hope that gives you a bit more free time. Cheers, sweetheart. Ta ta :wink:

Last edited:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I was talking to a mate at work last week and said that i'd been a free ticket for the Emirates the previous weekend. Girl next to me asked if it was hot!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here