Dogs being used as Shark Bait

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Disgusting, no wonder people often think they're uncivilised. Mind you it's down to different values as we are a nation of dog lovers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Scum

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm not the biggest fan of dogs, but that picture in the papers yesterday made me feel pretty ill.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love dogs, if anyone harmed a hair on the head of my dog I would shoot their testicles off.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I'm not the biggest fan of dogs, but that picture in the papers yesterday made me feel pretty ill.

Made me feel sick to the stomach, I couldnt read the rest of the paper after seeing it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thing is though, whilst we're pretty revolted a lot of Hindus are sickened as we beef, different cultures.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you serious argue Fish and Chickens have the same level of intelligence or feeling as a dog. Dogs know fear, they have dreams, they feel love, anger, get frightened. I would argue my Dog has more intelligence than the average Crystal Palace fan.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Meade's_Ball said:
What should be used as bait instead then? Fish or chickens matter less? Just an animal eating another isn't it?

Sticking a hook through the end of a dogs nose and throwing it live to sharks as bait is barbaric. Even using a dead animal is sick.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a veggie, so i don't think killing any animal is fair, even for food. But barbarism is inherent in the slaughter of animals. How can it not be?
Would it be ok to kill the dog beforehand and then use it? And what about using a rat? They're incredibly intelligent creatures. I supose i'd like to know under what circumstances it is ok to hunt another creature and using what as bait?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've always wondered why humans on death row in America couldn't be used for such purposes.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Do you serious argue Fish and Chickens have the same level of intelligence or feeling as a dog. Dogs know fear, they have dreams, they feel love, anger, get frightened. I would argue my Dog has more intelligence than the average Crystal Palace fan.

How do you know dogs dream and how do you know chickens don't. Dogs are fluffy and people like them so you anthropomorphise and say you care. If an animal can feel and suffer then it is wrong to deliberately cause it suffering. Chickens and fish are no different to dogs except in your emotional response to them.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Meade's_Ball said:
Would it be ok to kill the dog beforehand and then use it? And what about using a rat? They're incredibly intelligent creatures. I supose i'd like to know under what circumstances it is ok to hunt another creature and using what as bait?

Its not OK. Hunting animals, or using animals as bait dead or alive. There just isnt any need for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports