Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog sh*t in Brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I swear a couple of years ago we were almost at the point where dog sh*t on the pavements was a thing of the past. You could happily walk along without fear and get from A to B in comfort.

What has gone wrong in the past two or three months? My daily walk to work has become a nightmare as i trample along leaping over and round great steaming piles of doggy do, everywhere. If you should dare look up to admire the view, or even to check for cars as you cross the road, you're bound to step in it.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a Preston Park area phenomenon?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We've cured the horse shit problem. Is it now time to start eating the dogs?

Chanctonbury ring is another HOTSPOT over your way. If you DARE to try to look at the view as you stroll along the summit, you know what will happen.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We have it all the time in Mile Oak park and where we play our home matches at Southwick Hill. It's just complete lazyness.

We have to spent ages going round picking up dog turds and it's not nice.

I caught someone leaving their dog turn one day so I grabbed a bag, picked it up and followed them home and left the bag outside their front door.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yeah I've noticed this too, seems to be all over the pavement outside my flat. On my first day back to work after a trip to Oz last year I managed to tread in it and walk it into my office, luckily the jet lag meant I was in work about 2 hours before anyone else so I managed clean it up without anyone noticing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's pure laziness, most parks are littered with the muck. Even as an angler I encounter the problem, while collecting Slipper Limpets for bait there was a pile of dung on a rock by a rock groyne. I suppose the attitude is that the sea will wash it away before anyone steps or sits on it.

I live opposite a slightly grassed over alleyway between two houses and that is always a popular drop zone for the local dogs. You can always see the owners, hand on lead, looking furtively up and down the road in case anyone is walking nearby, if not, they just leave it. Maybe I should collect it and drop it off by their front door ?

D

Deleted member 22389

I swear a couple of years ago we were almost at the point where dog sh*t on the pavements was a thing of the past. You could happily walk along without fear and get from A to B in comfort.

What has gone wrong in the past two or three months? My daily walk to work has become a nightmare as i trample along leaping over and round great steaming piles of doggy do, everywhere. If you should dare look up to admire the view, or even to check for cars as you cross the road, you're bound to step in it.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a Preston Park area phenomenon?

Tell me about it. Years ago Peacehaven was dog shit alley especially along the cliff top but it soon cleared up once the dog bins where installed. It's OK along there now, but over the last few years I have noticed it more on the pavements. More people have moved to the area, and so have the dogs. Dog shit is disgusting, it makes me feel sick.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We've got three dogs, we always pick up after ours and I always pick up other people's poo (I'm not blaming the dogs) if I see it in our road as I know people will think we're responsible. Pisses me off immensely. Can't say though that I've noticed it get worse or better recently. I always challenge other dog owners when I see them leave it, the usual response is "I haven't got a bag". Fortunately I've invariably got pockets full of them even if I'm not out with the dogs, so I'm more than happy to 'lend' them one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We've got three dogs, we always pick up after ours and I always pick up other people's poo (I'm not blaming the dogs) if I see it in our road as I know people will think we're responsible. Pisses me off immensely. Can't say though that I've noticed it get worse or better recently. I always challenge other dog owners when I see them leave it, the usual response is "I haven't got a bag". Fortunately I've invariably got pockets full of them even if I'm not out with the dogs, so I'm more than happy to 'lend' them one.
They should use their bare hands if they haven't got a bag.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is the dog owners who are too tight fisted to buy the nappy sacks/dogshit plastic bags in their weekly shop.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Chanctonbury ring is another HOTSPOT over your way. If you DARE to try to look at the view as you stroll along the summit, you know what will happen.

Anyone seen desecrating beauty spots with dog turds should be burnt at the stake. Worse in summer when you can smell it aswell, so many nice places RUINED.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I couldn't bear the idea of picking it up which is the one and only reason I don't have a dog!

If you can't be responsible, don't buy the dog.
It's not too bad so long as you hold the bag properly, otherwise it slips and you get your fingers in it! Ruins your sandwiches I can tell you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here