Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doesn't look good for the terrorist Mandela

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Well other than the fact nearly all the mainland bombings of the IRA were directed at or seemed to be directed at civilians where is the Church Street bombing was aimed at a military target. Listen.... The ANC were wrong with Church Street. It was detonated early, it's own people were killed and I am not condoning it but the ANC were cornered and although it was supposedly in retaliation to assignations in Lesotho against ANC members I can't say hand on heart it was right, no.
But for the record it was almost certainly authorised by Ismail and Tambo anyway not Mandela.
If you want to start listing all atrocities during that period in S.A. then you had better deal with the whole argument or none at all.

I actually agree with you here the atrocities were wrong from both sides. But let's not paint the soviet backed, libyanian loving, marxist Mandela as some kind of hero. His actions in the name of freedom were no different from any other so called freedom fighter.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I actually agree with you here the atrocities were wrong from both sides. But let's not paint the soviet backed, libyanian loving, marxist Mandela as some kind of hero. His actions in the name of freedom were no different from any other so called freedom fighter.

What would you do if you and the indigenous people of your country were oppressed, subjugated, disenfranchised and forced to live as 2nd class citizens. Start a petition?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What would you do if you and the indigenous people of your country were oppressed, subjugated, disenfranchised and forced to live as 2nd class citizens. Start a petition?

They are, Haven't you read about all the immigrants??!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, apparently, despite trying non violence for over 50 years...The ANC were wrong to rise up against a racist, white, minority dictatorship, that routinely committed atrocities against them. Ingrates.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No, apparently, despite trying non violence for over 50 years...The ANC were wrong to rise up against a racist, white, minority dictatorship, that routinely committed atrocities against them. Ingrates.

You're right of course. They should've known their place. The fact that South Africa today isn't a global economic powerhouse and social utopia proves this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

DAve don't be so silly and naive They are black Africans and so must be wrong, and must be terrorists! Unless of course you are some kind of pinko, bedwetting, treehugging, Do Gooder. In which case you probably need to put your tweed jacket on and go back to making up lies for the BBC and the Guardian.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Forget matters that don't really have any bearing on your life and tell me how is your quit smoking going? Have you started yet?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
DAve don't be so silly and naive They are black Africans and so must be wrong, and must be terrorists! Unless of course you are some kind of pinko, bedwetting, treehugging, Do Gooder. In which case you probably need to put your tweed jacket on and go back to making up lies for the BBC and the Guardian.

I bloody hate Do Gooders with all their doing good. There's inherent BBC bias against the Do Baders.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't want to get you exccited chaps but it looks like there aren't any of those mean and nasty right wing types on this thread at the moment (they are probably all of strangling kittens and kicking immigrants) so we can talk freely.

I had some cracking organic yoghurt on my fair trade free range museli this morning. Just gave me enough pure energy to hug this beautiful beech in my local park before finding some refugees to hug and then back home to work on the same sex marriage celebrant course I enrolled in.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Forget matters that don't really have any bearing on your life and tell me how is your quit smoking going? Have you started yet?

well..at the moment...the E-Cig has helped me cut down..... takes away that immediate craving...so im fairly pleased with that...I doubt if ill give up completely as I smoke a lot of joints... but the cigs have defiintely cut down thanks to the nasty tasting thing :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I bloody hate Do Gooders with all their doing good. There's inherent BBC bias against the Do Baders.

'DoGooder' is my favourite insult leveled at the left wing. You can't just go around doing good all the time! Where would we all end up then?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't want to get you exccited chaps but it looks like there aren't any of those mean and nasty right wing types on this thread at the moment (they are probably all of strangling kittens and kicking immigrants) so we can talk freely.

I had some cracking organic yoghurt on my fair trade free range museli this morning. Just gave me enough pure energy to hug this beautiful beech in my local park before finding some refugees to hug and then back home to work on the same sex marriage celebrant course I enrolled in.

I spent the morning weaving some sandels out of a pot of bio yoghurt

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Start a thread?

Carshalton Seagull

May 18, 2004
Sompting

Apart from the fairly basic point that other 'freedom fighters' had political representation and the vote denied to the overwhelming majority of South Africans.

'So Mr Adams, you don't like the fact that there appears to be discrimination in the Council's housing policy. Tell you what, stand for election and see if you can persuade the electorate to vote for change'

'So Mr Mandela, you don't like the fact that we regard you as subhuman and therefore you cannot go on that beach or that bus or live anywhere other than where I tell you. Tell you what, tough!'

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And there you have it...........TB......... Freedom fighter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here