Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does this make sense?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
From Nigel Adkins regarding the controversial penalty against Villa:

"It is not a dive from Jay Rodriguez, there was no contact, but if the player had not moved his leg away, there would have been contact."

Does that make sense?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is called a "Zahaism" :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not seen it, but perhaps he was avoiding a dangerous tackle which should have been penalised anyway?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not seen it, but perhaps he was avoiding a dangerous tackle which should have been penalised anyway?

i think this was a point a pundit was making recently, that theres little incentive for a player to avoid a poor challenge or stay on there feet as the ref wont recognise any foul occurred. if refs blew for bad tackles where players stayed up, they might be less inclined to go down on a slightest touch. (and there are unicorns in the refs locker room...)

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
i think this was a point a pundit was making recently, that theres little incentive for a player to avoid a poor challenge or stay on there feet as the ref wont recognise any foul occurred. if refs blew for bad tackles where players stayed up, they might be less inclined to go down on a slightest touch. (and there are unicorns in the refs locker room...)

Actually, this is a very good point. I would hazard a guess that we'd see less theatrics if this were the case. Probably not none at all, but certainly a reduction and that would be a good start.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have now seen it. Disgusting dive. Video evidence should be used to suspend players who do that.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Adkins is talking out of his arse. There's no contact, and he's not falling to "avoid the challenge". The guy dived.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adkins is talking out of his arse. There's no contact, and he's not falling to "avoid the challenge". The guy dived.

This - total crap from that CAUC Adkins

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We all knew the prem would see Adkins is a twat...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
the more crap comes out of this twats mouth the more i detest him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here