Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Gus and team really know the history between us and palarse?

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Do you think that Gus and the Albion players really know the rivalry/history over the decades between us Palarse and how important it is to the fans that we get a good solid result on Tuesday. Or is it just another fixture where they will just do their professional job? :albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would think they know we don't like them but I think even Gus will be surprised with the intensity at the Amex on Tuesday. I hope the players are able to play their natural games.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hopefully they will see it as just another game. Players don't shouldn't need to be fired up by history or fans' perceptions to play well. Just go about their business as normal and the result should follow

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I rather hope Gus is concentrating on bringing home three points and not sitting a history exam.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the team should just treat it like another fixture, its a home game and we should be going out to win. i think giving it too much on the rivalry front will go against our general style (ie, we are setup to kick lumps). let us frustrate them with our possession play, maybe they go down to 10 or 9 men :lol:

im sure Charlie will be having a few words additional words of encouragment though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It was a thread waiting to happen. More importantly does he know how vital it is that we beat those fukkers and that this is not some poxy tinpot derby like Real Zaragoza v Osasuna or THFC v Arsenal?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Every manager and player will know the meaning of this game, like they do for any other clubs derby.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
It was a thread waiting to happen. More importantly does he know how vital it is that we beat those fukkers and that this is not some poxy tinpot derby like Real Zaragoza v Osasuna or THFC v Arsenal?

That is sort of what I wanted to say!!:thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A Leeds fan I spoke to last night was aware of the rivalry but was taken aback by the sheer intensity of the hatred toward palace . If he knew about it you can guarantee the players do.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes they do both CMS and Noone have tweeted today how important the match is.

Noone - Great support last night made up for @12CMS12 he was on fire and as he said it's onto the big 1 Tuesday big derby let's av it #seagulls

CMS - Support was amazing last night, thank you for all the messages I will be retweeting some of the best ones! Roll on Tuesday for the big one

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
if they dont already they will by 9:30 Tuesday .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here