Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does gary speeds passing..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm very understanding. To the people who are left behind. A wife has lost her husband, a father has lost his son. And worst of all 2 boys have lost their father. And all have not only lost someone they love dearly but will be wracked with guilt for the rest of their life that they could have done something more or better to help, which of course they probably couldn't. He seemed a lovely guy, but I think it's unforgivable to do that to your loved ones.

I imagine until you've had clinical depression you don't know what your talking about.

I look at it that they didn't kill themselves but suffered a serious illness that sometimes can prove fatal.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
..make any one wonder where his soul has gone or indeed where anyones soul goes when they die. And I'm not trying to tarnish his death or anything but curious question.

I suffer from depression daily, but live in hope it will get better and eventually I'll control it rather than vice versa.

But I've never contemplated suicide, nor would I. But my reasons are that it would be an insult to my creator if I did and my hell but be even bigger if I took my own life and it would be irreversible. At least while you're still alive every passing second is another chance to turn it all around.
Its a bit tackless even for you, restarting the regilous debate on the back of Gary Speeds death. You know they always turn into a free for all. A bit low, even by your standards.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
So for just talking about his soul I'm twisted and have no compassion? Who is the one coming on aggressive here? I'm merely guaging peoples opinion. And you have made a judgement ' without even knowing me' that I'm twisted and have no compassion. Jesus h corbett!

Yet again Derbygull, you are a scary individual. Gone to hell?!!!! My word, no wonder you are depressed.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm very understanding. To the people who are left behind. A wife has lost her husband, a father has lost his son. And worst of all 2 boys have lost their father. And all have not only lost someone they love dearly but will be wracked with guilt for the rest of their life that they could have done something more or better to help, which of course they probably couldn't. He seemed a lovely guy, but I think it's unforgivable to do that to your loved ones.

But do you really think that someone who commits suicide is thinking that rationally? Fortunately i've never been there but I can imagine you would have to be in a very dark state of mind, actually believeing it's your only option and to to go through with it.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
imho, everyone goes to what their own personal area of the afterlife. Mine would be coming back and being a mischievous panda around my cousin, bless her heart she's adorable.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
But do you really think that someone who commits suicide is thinking that rationally? Fortunately i've never been there but I can imagine you would have to be in a very dark state of mind, actually believeing it's your only option and to to go through with it.

Yes, any suicide attempt by a person is thinking rationally. There comes a point when there is nothing left in the world and death is the only way out. You don't suddenly decide to make an attempt to take your own life. I was on the brink in 2005 after my girlfriend cheated and dumped me. I don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum but DerbyGull's religious views on punishment for suicide are a bit upsetting.

Please, I don't want an argument but just wanted to say my opinion.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Could have been worse he could have jumped in front of a train and made a few of NSC posters a bit late home.

I doubt if he was coming from a rational viewpoint here Rowley.

Reading some of what's posted up on this board sometimes your first point is spot on. And I know that some people get to such a low ebb in there lives that there seems no way out, but the thought of family, especially children should be enough to pull you out of any self harm thoughts. I've known suicide and it's subsequent aftermath in my family and it's vile. My mum has suffered deep and prolonged boughts of depression all her life, and in midst of this, when she felt life was too much the thought of leaving me and family has pulled her through.
I guess some people are stronger than others.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Reading some of what's posted up on this board sometimes your first point is spot on. And I know that some people get to such a low ebb in there lives that there seems no way out, but the thought of family, especially children should be enough to pull you out of any self harm thoughts. I've known suicide and it's subsequent aftermath in my family and it's vile. My mum has suffered deep and prolonged boughts of depression all her life, and in midst of this, when she felt life was too much the thought of leaving me and family has pulled her through.
I guess some people are stronger than others.

How deep is the abyss ?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
take a big hit of ayahuasca with a good shaman and you may get some glimpses of other dimensions and higher intelligence and consciousness.

the veil is a thick one but can be penetrated.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Yet again Derbygull, you are a scary individual. Gone to hell?!!!! My word, no wonder you are depressed.

Nobody knows what happens to suicides. It's all guess work using the bible which is pretty unclear alot of the time. This opens it up to be mis interpreted. I was just stating one of the opinions out there. How does that make me twisted?

There is no black and white answers when it comes to god but lots of grey. so i'd like to hope that god takes into account the persons life as a whole which would include all the good things he did. But the truth is nobody knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here