Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know?

zoom

Mar 20, 2008
Hi all,

Basically Im looking for some 90's albion help, as a albion fan everyone always ask's me what was the first match you ever went too? And all i remember cause i was very young was that it was at the Goldstone and we played sheffield wednesday i think???

Does anyone know the date/year of this match? Final score?

Any help would be much appreciated!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Hi all,

Basically Im looking for some 90's albion help, as a albion fan everyone always ask's me what was the first match you ever went too? And all i remember cause i was very young was that it was at the Goldstone and we played sheffield wednesday i think???

Does anyone know the date/year of this match? Final score?

Any help would be much appreciated!

it was a mid week game in 1990 and we lost 4-0

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Correct, 2-0 down at half-time.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
we also played them pre-season in mid 90s and got walloped...or did we? memory playing tricks again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is there a way I can find out if we were unbeaten at home upto that point?

In the league yes, but we lost 2-0 in the cup against the Cobblers.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Is there a way I can find out if we were unbeaten at home upto that point?

In the League, yes.

According to "Seagulls - The Story of Brighton and Hove Albion FC":

Sep 1 Wolves 1-1 (D)
Sep 15 Charlton 3-2 (W)
Sep 19 Portsmouth 3-2 (W)
then Sheffield Wednesday

Although we did lose 2-0 at home to Northampton Town in the League Cup on 29 August.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Much too slow.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Trevor Francis was their player manager and HE ripped us apart that night. Impressive footballer.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
we also played them pre-season in mid 90s and got walloped...or did we? memory playing tricks again

I remember the pre season game and Wednesday had Regi Blinker playing for them - he was absolutely brilliant that day but I don't think he did much for Wednesday that season and they offed him to Celtic
Can't remember the score though

Last edited:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Don`t remember a Sheff Weds home friendly at the Goldstone, was there for the 4-0 defeat and think John Sheridan took the piss out of us. We were 7th before the match and can remember feeling well out of our depth after the match.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Not as good as I remembered then. I thought we had won 5 out of 5 until Wednesday beat us.

That may have been the season that Micky Quinn scored a hatrick for Newcastle against us though. 0-3 I think.
We did start the previous season winning the first 5 home games.:clap2:

zoom

Mar 20, 2008
Thanks for all your replies but its definately not the 1990 game as i would have only been 4 years old and i remember being around 10.

From memory i think it was preseason, i was thinking we lost something like 7-1???

A vivid memory was them having the fat and short kevin pressman in goal!!!

So does anyone remember this match?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for all your replies but its definately not the 1990 game as i would have only been 4 years old and i remember being around 10.

From memory i think it was preseason, i was thinking we lost something like 7-1???

A vivid memory was them having the fat and short kevin pressman in goal!!!

So does anyone remember this match?
I think I remember it, it was a friendly or a testimonial or something, I think we lost 2-8 or something like that and Sheff Wed had this player called O'Neill Donaldson who was WELL good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was a friendly - wednesday were in their STUNNING green away kit if i remember correctly - would have been pre-season 1995

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here