Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know of any IMMINENT player signings by the albion?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We'll do most of our business at the end of August, 3 weeks into the season and see how it goes until then I suspect. Reckon Walton will be given the chance to be no1 which I'm happy with but like most I would like to see a couple brought in before they head abroad for the pre-season tour. All very quiet on the western front.............

Can't agree re Walton - second choice for me.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
We'll do most of our business at the end of August, 3 weeks into the season and see how it goes until then I suspect. Reckon Walton will be given the chance to be no1 which I'm happy with but like most I would like to see a couple brought in before they head abroad for the pre-season tour. All very quiet on the western front.............

Cannot see Walton being ready for No.1. He needs some lower league experience first. To go from where he is to championship football is far to big a leap.

Would have to be someone incredible to pull it off. I think he would be made to look very under average at this stage.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
No. Preference has to be to get players in before pre-season to bed them in, so less than 10 days. Of course, it won't happen, but here's hoping.
Off course it is, but it never happens that way. Players are in no hurry. Contracts run until the end of June, so the type of out of contracts players that will interest us, will be in no rush as they will spend time weighing up their options.

In contract players, ie transfers, probably will not happen for at least a few weeks yet, unless those players are surplus at other clubs. THe only signing I see happening early on, is Stephen Ward, and that's if that happens at all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Off course it is, but it never happens that way. Players are in no hurry. Contracts run until the end of June, so the type of out of contracts players that will interest us, will be in no rush as they will spend time weighing up their options.

In contract players, ie transfers, probably will not happen for at least a few weeks yet, unless those players are surplus at other clubs. THe only signing I see happening early on, is Stephen Ward, and that's if that happens at all.

Fair enough Tubby. Just one thing. How come players are already moving around the Championship and higher? It is NOT impossible to make early signings. See Toko.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I know the backroom are moving into the training ground on Friday but I think the players are another 2 weeks or so from returning. Not long we have already signed a player though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know the backroom are moving into the training ground on Friday but I think the players are another 2 weeks or so from returning. Not long we have already signed a player though.

Yes, signed one. ONLY 6 or 7 to go!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 according to SH a goalkeeper and centre back possibly a left back or perhaps Maksimenko will double up there as a squad
player

No, he (Sami) said 6 or 7, with his top 2 priorities being a keeper and CB...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, he (Sami) said 6 or 7, with his top 2 priorities being a keeper and CB...

I think that should be taken tongue in cheek as that would be in an ideal world and for somebody taking over at United, Arsenal or Spurs etc. For 6 or 7 he would be hoping rather than exoecting.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that should be taken tongue in cheek as that would be in an ideal world and for somebody taking over at United, Arsenal or Spurs etc. For 6 or 7 he would be hoping rather than exoecting.

I think you are wrong, although 1 or 2 may come from the DS (Walton springs to mind).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here