Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else wish they could wake up and it was all over

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Its just like being at the top of the first drop on a hig rollercoaster where you may be questioning why did I agree to come on this but at the end of the ride you are buzzing and want to get on again.

Fun times

Love this analogy - oh! and I hate roller-coasters, but do go on them in fear, bit like this season.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Come what may, we are in the middle of it. Worst case is we start next season where we are now, but with 46 games to get to the top. Best case we get autos and party like its 1999, or we get promoted via play-offs. Can't be worse than Palace in the semis and I got over that. Hereford was real consequences but watched that, so i will be enjoying the ride come what may.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Think I know what the OP means - the end if last season for us (AFCB) had some mental moments - Holding on for what seemed the whole match at Reading for a 1-0 win, the injury time Sheff Weds penno - then all the ridiculousness of Boro and throwing their goalie up the other end to snatch a win at Boro...and losing..

I think you and Burnley will go up - you are the form team and Burnley have the easiest matches..Boro are just Boro aren't they, solid but not enough goals again. IF you do it, you have the celebrations and then the UTTER JOY of siting back with a brandy and a cigar and watching the play offs. Nothing better!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I agree totally with your feelings, it's not good for general health!

I just can't watch us on TV or listen to the radio commentary, if the opposition are attacking I'll turn over/off for a minute or so, then go back to see what happened...

Middlesbrough will basically be the final 10 minutes of most of our games this season, but over 98 minutes :sick:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd feel more nervous if the following were true:

1. We were in a top two place but had drawn our last two games allowing two other teams to reach our points total.

2. We'd been all but out played by relegated Bolton Wanderers and got a spawny last minute goal.

3. We generally only score from set-pieces or long ball football.

4. We were completely out played by a promotion rival a month ago and had to use thuggery to get a draw

5. The team directly behind us has scored 12 goals in their last 3 games and look unstoppable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In reply to the OP, after last season, I am more worried that I will wake up and I have been dreaming!!!

I do wish the last 2 games would hurry up though....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These moments will not come along too often in our lives so I'm savouring every second.
Madness. I certainly don't want to wake up and have missed it all, but I'd like to skip all these nothing days in between the games.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Madness. I certainly don't want to wake up and have missed it all, but I'd like to skip all these nothing days in between the games.

I think it is the nothing days as you call them that is causing my problem. Too much time to think about it.

I guess if disaster does happen and we end up in the play-offs at least there is only 4 days between games...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if any Reading, Wolves, Huddersfield or Forest fans would like to swap with us?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No, I'm just sad that the season is coming to an end :(

As for our fate, what will be, will be!

Even if we end up remaining in the Championship for next season, yes, I will be disappointed but not unduly bothered.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These next 9 1/2 days will seem like a year, the permutations are endless even if we lose to Derby we can still theoretically get promoted if we win at Middlesbrough....

I am loving and hating every minute, but as many have said this is football and this is what we dream of as fans....

And just like Leicester this year, after last year who would have thunk it....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I need it to be all over so I can get on with real life. At least for a few months. It feels like everything has been on hold for sometime now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not going to lie, Fulham and QPR aside watching the recent games has been agony, and I have said I wish this season could be over on more than one occasion. However the bit BUT, is that this is what we all live for as football fans. To be in situations like this, it really doesn't get better than this and I have to be there to witness it, even it is total agony whilst the game is going on.

If we can negotiate Monday's game (not a gimme by any means), then the trip to Boro will be one for the ages, whatever the outcome, I'm glad I'll be there.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Worst case scenario on 8th is that we're in the play offs, which we were all delighted with after Leeds in 2013 and Forest in 2014.

Even if we lose in the play offs, we can look forward to next season with real optimism and be hopeful of starting 2016/17 with a squad that is stronger than the one that started this season - this team has torn up the division since the Jan transfer window and Rotherham debacle (when we were 6th). Keep that form up and we'll be promoted by April 2017!

Enjoy the excitement; although I agree that it all is a little bit distracting.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
For me it has been a brilliant season, I would take this every year after last seasons misery, in my mind the last game is going to be awesome, I've got my tickets for the North stand I would not want to miss the atmosphere and the celebrations because " We are going up, we are going up"!!!!!!!!!:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
It was all over for me when the OB started sticking there noses in. Thats why I don't go any more

Regards

DR

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Owing to there being no shift at all that will allow me to be home at 12:30 I am going to be at work on 7th May. I have forewarned my managers that I will be distracted, good for nothing and difficult to find between 12:30-14:30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here