Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anybody know why this kid is wearing an Albion shirt?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Really? I'd say that possibility is zero.

Have a look at his twitter feed (the one with the large picture of the Amex, and where he tweeted a picture of the new training ground on June 30 stating "First day of training"). If you look through his tweets, you will see various references to AD Huracan (his club when he was in the Canary Islands). And a re-tweet of AD Huracan's tweet from November 18 last year, stating "Luis Garcia, a player who spends a week training with Liverpool FC".

I'm willing to wager £500 (proceeds to REMF) that "our" Luis Garcia is one-and-the-same as the sought-after "future superstar" that we appear to have acquired with no fan-fare.

I like your investigative style - perhaps your right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now, the next task is to discover who this Sanchez is .....

Try Nestor Sanchez. @nestorSG9

He's following and followed by Luis Garcia. Quite the goal scorer, if the tweet below (in my next post) is anything to go by.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It could be that Javier Luis Garcia at 16 years old and born in Badalona (in the province of Barcelona) is in our U18 side. Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be tracking a 15 year old born in the Canary Islands whose name is Luis Garcia Cadete. Wrong photo used ? The video in the report shows a player from AD Huracan.

Pretty sure that 'Cadete' just means 'youth' (cadet).

[tweet]484544235601801218[/tweet]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Try Nestor Sanchez. @nestorSG9

He's following and followed by Luis Garcia. Quite the goal scorer, if the tweet below (in my next post) is anything to go by.

There is nothing in his twitter feed that would suggest he is at Albion. In fact, he was on holiday last week.

I think we are still searching for Sanchez...

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Maybe this guy: https://twitter.com/RUBENMATO3 is responsible for bringing him here? He and Luis Garcia follow each other.

Yep, that could be the connection.

Our Academy Player Recruitment Manager is a guy called Mark Anderson - he was featured in Michael Calvin's book "The Nowhere Men", and he used to be at Liverpool. Given the fact that Luis Garcia's twitter feed tells us he had a week's trial (I assume that is what it was) at Liverpool last season, I wonder if the connection came through Anderson?

At any rate, we seem to have convinced a youngster, coveted by many top European teams, to join us on the South Coast. Who would have thunk it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whoever this turns out to be, this is an excellent thread!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a few days ago as well...

BtAxZnPCQAAB5kW.jpg
I went 'stone'.

1-0 to me, back of the net.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Burke in !

We have got a full first team squad for next season, we are just hiding them from the galacticos too.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What an amazing thread, if it's true of course we'll probably lose him for a pittance.

Shame The Argus haven't been able to do any investigating around this transfer rumour, completely passed them by.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So we now have a thread on our Icelandic wonder kid, our great Spanish hope and I sure I remember a thread on the under 18 goal of the season. Not bad considering the club give limited info about the youth teams.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We'd better hold onto him! What age do you have to be to sign a long term deal?!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Be prepared to see "Naylors back page scoop" in tomorrows Arsegus about the Spanish wonderkid at The Albion being linked at Real and Barca

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know how they got on against Vitoria Guimaraes?

They were due to play FC Porto on Saturday - I haven't seen any mention of the result.

It looks like the U-17s will be heading straight out again, to Denmark, for the "Scandic Cup" at Lyngby Boldklub. Hopefully they will have better results than last year; the U-17s and U-19s had a combined 1 draw and 7 defeats in their 8 matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here