Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie has gone!

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Palace were looking a good bet for 2nd when Jobbie joined; they were certainly nailed on top 6 and 11pts plus a game in hand above Brighton IIRC. As such, I'd say that to claim he dragged you over the line is a bit of an exaggeration. More a case of dragged you down.

So you are now attributing our loss of form to him? You really cannot stand the idea that he is doing better with us than you.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So you are now attributing our loss of form to him? You really cannot stand the idea that he is doing better with us than you.

Good luck to him and your team but he was absolute cack here so we win for the fee you gave us and the saving of his wages. Move on.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Surely sky have got it wrong £1.5m for Dobbie?
uruze6ub.jpg

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hope that's accurate - we've properly stitched them up if that's how much they paid

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
12 minutes and counting, before one of our chums from up the road pipes up...

"Ha. As if you can believe sky. I know a journo who works for the Independant, and it was defiitely £400k for Dobbie. And £9 and 26 pence for Gayle".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
12 minutes and counting, before one of our chums from up the road pipes up...

"Ha. As if you can believe sky. I know a journo who works for the Independant, and it was defiitely £400k for Dobbie. And £9 and 26 pence for Gayle".

Just one of them ??? If this thread is linked to the BBS, the whole hoard will be out for this one :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just one of them ??? If this thread is linked to the BBS, the whole hoard will be out for this one :lolol:

To be fair if I were a Palace fan I wouldn't be too bothered that we were enjoying the fact that we appear to have done a VERY good bit of business. I'd just be pointing out what is below that on the bottom of that image....

Premier League
Crystal Palace

Still at least we had bigger crowds eh!! :ffsparr:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£1.5M seems a bit steep :lolol: If true we've nearly doubled our money , whoever inserted a hefty bonus clause needs a pat on the back. Do we get another £1M if the unthinkable happens and Palace stay up ? :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair if I were a Palace fan I wouldn't be too bothered that we were enjoying the fact that we appear to have done a VERY good bit of business. I'd just be pointing out what is below that on the bottom of that image....

Premier League
Crystal Palace

Still at least we had bigger crowds eh!! :ffsparr:
Not to mention the fact it was Dobbie's form and goals that got them into the play-offs.

£1.5m for £120m hardly bad business, is it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fair price,he won them vital points to get them in the play offs,what's 1.5m from their bloody great windfall?

Edit..sorry,beaten to it by the person above....Parrot.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I heard Sky got the decimal point wrong. We paid £15m for him, almost as much as the signing on fee we gave Murray.

And yet somehow our accounts will still be better reading than yours :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not to mention the fact it was Dobbie's form and goals that got them into the play-offs.

£1.5m for £120m hardly bad business, is it.

He didn't single handedly get them into the play-offs , they were toilet in the last half a dozen league games. Palace made the play-offs due to a ludicrous refereeing decision when a Peterborough player was fouled and the free kick was given to Palarse.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I`m not surprised. Everything is way over-priced at the Amex.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
He didn't single handedly get them into the play-offs , they were toilet in the last half a dozen league games. Palace made the play-offs due to a ludicrous refereeing decision when a Peterborough player was fouled and the free kick was given to Palarse.

We wouldn't have made the play-offs without him. Going into them, most people's biggest concern was that Dobbie wasn't available.

Been our best player in per-season too. Not sure if he's Premiership quality, but if he never kicks a ball again for us it will always be a signing I'm delighted with :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here