Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you wish we signed Bothroyd?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was very suprised, I wasn't expecting anything from him but he was far better than I thought he would be, and bigger than I thought. I thought his performance wasn't too bad at all, looked thoroughly unbothered but in the right team I think he could be unplayable. Was impressed by his ability tonight, but work rate and desire were not in evidence at all.

Sheffield Wednesday were terrible.

Bothroyd is Wayne Rooney trapped in Frank Bruno's body. Immature big time Charlie who only gives it when the whole world is watching.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
No he's shite!

Stumpy Tim

Sigh. He was their best player but had zero service. Unlucky not to score due to a world class save. He got frustrated tonight, but so would a lot of other forwards with the service he didn't get. He would have been a great option for us

Jay Bothroyd ? - why he's just a fat owl

scaled.php

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
He would have to grovel, suck very hard, and take a load of the nasty to the face for me to even consider letting that arrogant tosser wear the stripes.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was gutted that he didn't sign but I'm happy with what we have. I'd be happy if he joined us at some point as I think we decent service he could be useful but he would have to fight for a place and I'm not sure he is up for a fight

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have definitely dodged a bullet with that one. Lazy, disinterested, spent the whole game shouting at his team-mates every time they misplaced a pass (so, lots).

Seemed to think he was above the rest of them, I could see them getting pissed off with that. Should have buried that header, despite the excellent save from TK.

Let's be honest, Bothroyd's had one decent season in his entire career, and somehow is earning sixty thousand a week off the back of that. Amazing.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I was very suprised, I wasn't expecting anything from him but he was far better than I thought he would be, and bigger than I thought. I thought his performance wasn't too bad at all, looked thoroughly unbothered but in the right team I think he could be unplayable. Was impressed by his ability tonight, but work rate and desire were not in evidence at all.

Sheffield Wednesday were terrible.

Spot on - he is quality, but on last night's showing he's not interested.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hindsight is a marvellous thing, and although I think Bothroyd would maybe have had a different attitude with us, I think Dobbie is a better all round player who will outshine Bothroyd when he gets the chance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Spot on - he is quality, but on last night's showing he's not interested.

Don't know about the quality but attitude is always going to be a risk with these sorts of players, almost becomes a coin flip for a Manager I think. Harewood was another one, no real passion or commitment and it's what gives any player the edge that is needed. I'm glad we didn't get any of the others bandied around at the time too and adding Dobbie I think will be a very astute bit of business by Gus. Bridge was a worry for me, thankfully he's showed that was totally unnecessary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here