Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you watch these grim ISIS execution videos?

Do you watch ISIS execution videos?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No. Never have, never will. Don't understand why anyone would, unless in some professional capacity.

Quite apart from not wishing to commit such scenes to my memory, there is the aspect that they WANT you to watch them. They are filming them because they want you to be repulsed, shocked, scared. I'd rather not give them want they want.
This. Couldn't put it better.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is it not a case of them prodding a stick at the 'West' with these videos? What I mean is they want a military type reaction against them, so they can play the victim to garner more support, and posting these videos is their way of provoking that reaction as quickly as possible.

I think the original intentions were to draw the West into deploying troops on the ground, but the recent events of the Japanese Journalist and the Jordanian pilot has shown that they are the enemy of everyone. I don't see how fighting Sunni countries helps them and Jordan are now at war with them. The pilot had more value to them if he was kept alive. I don't think IS really know what they are doing, they have no control, and there is no leadership or end game. They all just live for today and they wouldn't know what to do with their Islamic State even if they were given it tomorrow.

They are in a fight with the Kurds, Syrians, Jordanians and Turkey have to stand firm against them. If all the Arab countries are at war with IS the West can support them with air strikes and training.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I always remember , I think it was from the Vietnam War where a soldier held a gun to another one's head and shot him. That was horrific, especially the 2 or so minutes afterwards.

That was shown, and is still shown on documentaries about the Vietnam was, as is the little girl with her clothes and skin burned off running away from her village that the Americans had just Napalmed.

The soldier shooting the other one in the head still haunts me and I must have seen it 40 years ago

It was a police commander shooting a vietcong infiltrator in Saigon after or during the Tet offensive. He was later shot himself for shooting the vietcong individual. It was shocking as at the time, it was very rare, if at all on our screens previously.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They still do in certain countries. When I was working in Riyadh I was asked if I wanted to go and watch the weekly activity in 'chop chop square' (think it's always on a Friday).

I was in a watch shop on the square waiting for change, which was quite a bit, when a couple of religious police came into the shop and started hitting me with canes to go out and watch an execution. Of course the **** behind the counter saw his opportunity, but I went back afterwards and got my change. Didnt actually see it, but heard it, that was enough. I think they must drug them first, because I saw the guy as he was being led to the square, and his eyes were very strange. Im sure there was fear, but seemed more.
I was there when mecca was attacked by Qatani the supposed new mahdi. They executed 40 of his followers in one day alone in Riyadh, and there were executions all around the country. Heard that one exectioner lost his mind in one town, after executing so many, and went mad and attacked the crowd. Scary times reallly. Didnt leave my apartment for a week. Yeah, its true, expats called the square chop-chop square, and taxi drivers understood!.
Ive seen a few of the videos, the one that stands out for me is the soldiers they killed by the river. The casualness of it was shocking. Actually most of what ive seen is horrific enough, but compared to what the Mexican cartels do to each other, not so much. Ive heard that IS throw homosexuals off high buildings. They seem to have different executions for different 'crimes'.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was in a watch shop on the square waiting for change, which was quite a bit, when a couple of religious police came into the shop and started hitting me with canes to go out and watch an execution. Of course the **** behind the counter saw his opportunity, but I went back afterwards and got my change. Didnt actually see it, but heard it, that was enough. I think they must drug them first, because I saw the guy as he was being led to the square, and his eyes were very strange. Im sure there was fear, but seemed more.
I was there when mecca was attacked by Qatani the supposed new mahdi. They executed 40 of his followers in one day alone in Riyadh, and there were executions all around the country. Heard that one exectioner lost his mind in one town, after executing so many, and went mad and attacked the crowd. Scary times reallly. Didnt leave my apartment for a week. Yeah, its true, expats called the square chop-chop square, and taxi drivers understood!.
Ive seen a few of the videos, the one that stands out for me is the soldiers they killed by the river. The casualness of it was shocking. Actually most of what ive seen is horrific enough, but compared to what the Mexican cartels do to each other, not so much. Ive heard that IS throw homosexuals off high buildings. They seem to have different executions for different 'crimes'.

The Muttawah usually leave 'obvious' westerners alone (or so I was told - never had any issues) but I think it can all be a bit random. Bit unnerving really. Seen a pic of the homosexual guy being thrown off a building - apparently it was 7 floors up and he somehow survived - then the waiting/watching crowd at the bottom stoned him to death anyway.

Thanks for your last comment by the way - I'm going to Mexico next week :( !!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They are weird. They started beating me and a mate in the street in Khobar for taking a picture of a really old building. Apparently, we should have been taking pictures of the new buildings?? :shrug: Who knew! Good luck in Mexico! :)

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
ack in school when Bluetooth sharing became more common, there were many videos being shared around of beheadings and people dying in various gruesome ways. There was a very popular vid of some guy getting his throat slit open with a pen knife and also the Mexican cartel using a chainsaw to behead a man. Horrific stuff to shared around by kids in secondary school. I'm curious if this is still a popular thing for school kids to have on their phones. probably not.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
No. Never have, never will. Don't understand why anyone would, unless in some professional capacity.

Quite apart from not wishing to commit such scenes to my memory, there is the aspect that they WANT you to watch them. They are filming them because they want you to be repulsed, shocked, scared. I'd rather not give them want they want.

Pretty much as above. I have no desire to watch anything that scum film.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It would be interesting if IS could see the results of this poll.

Their tactic of producing execution videos may not be working, as we in the west are not watching them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It would be interesting if IS could see the results of this poll.

Their tactic of producing execution videos may not be working, as we in the west are not watching them.

Be interesting if the results would be different if this poll was for Muslims only?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched a video of Al Qaeda beheading Eugene Olin Armstrong. Having watched it you realise that this is nothing to do with faith or religious beliefs and everything to do with like-minded sadists who choose religion as a cover to justify their sadistic acts. It also makes it crystal clear that there is no reasoning with these people.

Once you've watched one of these it's a watershed moment, you don't forget it. I wouldn't want to watch anything like that again and yet it gives you an insight into the sheer cruelty that some are capable of.

Re the Jordanian pilot - I actually think this is a huge tactical mistake by ISIS, and I wonder whether the fact it happened a whole month ago on 3rd Jan but wasn't released until now is because the ISIS leadership were split on whether to release it or not. Even by Al Qaeda / ISIS standards this is pure and unadultered sadism, it doesn't even have the symbolism of a beheading and I wouldn't be surprised if what actually defeats ISIS in the end is when they turn on themselves.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I watched a video of Al Qaeda beheading Eugene Olin Armstrong. Having watched it you realise that this is nothing to do with faith or religious beliefs and everything to do with like-minded sadists who choose religion as a cover to justify their sadistic acts. It also makes it crystal clear that there is no reasoning with these people.

Once you've watched one of these it's a watershed moment, you don't forget it. I wouldn't want to watch anything like that again and yet it gives you an insight into the sheer cruelty that some are capable of.

Re the Jordanian pilot - I actually think this is a huge tactical mistake by ISIS, and I wonder whether the fact it happened a whole month ago on 3rd Jan but wasn't released until now is because the ISIS leadership were split on whether to release it or not. Even by Al Qaeda / ISIS standards this is pure and unadultered sadism, it doesn't even have the symbolism of a beheading and I wouldn't be surprised if what actually defeats ISIS in the end is when they turn on themselves.
The whole film would have taken a fair bit of time to produce. You can see the perpetrators put in a lot of propaganda into it aswell. (about 20 mins). I don't think it was ever in question whether they thought they should release it or not.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The whole film would have taken a fair bit of time to produce. You can see the perpetrators put in a lot of propaganda into it aswell. (about 20 mins). I don't think it was ever in question whether they thought they should release it or not.

The delay of a month was in the production schedule?! So the Jordanian government are negotiating about whether or not to exchange Isis prisoners for this guy when all the time Jihadi John and his henchmen are choosing background music?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have not seen any of the ISIS be headings, or this latest barbaric act.
I have seen photos of people, some children, with their heads often yards away from their torsos. When they are photos they are in front of you, where as with a video you can choose not to view.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Never have, and never will.

The scripted, filmed brutality is calculated to shock and terrify, and of course any right thinking person is horrified. But that is also exactly what they want. So f@ck them. I am not going to join in. Murder is still murder, whether by gunshot or more perverse means. The media need to learn not to hype the method, it might encourage the animals.

Jan 30, 2008
This copy was of genuine executions ( from WW2, State and public executions and war crimes, all caught on camera) and was legal to buy for a short while. It had been on public sale unnoticed until the press got hold of the story. Suddenly sales rocketed courtesy of the free press coverage and then the government blacklisted the video and it was taken off sale.
Hans Frank short drop public hanging in Prague after the 2nd world war available if you Google it???
regards
DR

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Never have, and never will.

The scripted, filmed brutality is calculated to shock and terrify, and of course any right thinking person is horrified. But that is also exactly what they want. So f@ck them. I am not going to join in. Murder is still murder, whether by gunshot or more perverse means. The media need to learn not to hype the method, it might encourage the animals.

Or desensitise the humans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here