Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want to be on the BBC?

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Passing on a message received. I dare say there are people on this message board with opinions, so if you want to take park, email Elaine Doran directly here.

Message reads:

Elaine at BBC 5 Live. I am wondering if you can help. We are arranging a programme in Brighton and I am currently googling businesses and organisations in the area to invite people to attend.

Would you be interested in finding out more and seeing if perhaps you would be interested in popping along and being a member of the audience in the studio debate. Also maybe you have friends / family / colleagues who might be interested in finding out more.

Details are sketchy at the moment – but here is what we know so far …

So ..

WHAT - Political debate programme - about Lib Dem conference

WHERE - Oceania nightclub in Brighton, next to the conference centre

WHEN - Monday 24th September 2012 - live on air 10-12 .... Be there about 8am

WHO - We will have a panel of politicians from all the big parties - we will have an invited audience of up to 200. I need to find 50-75 people for our audience who I will chat to before hand and know well by the day of the show.

WHY - Great opportunity to discuss the big issues of the day and how policies are affecting normal people.

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP - We would love it if you could might be interested in coming along – and perhaps could put us in touch with lots of different people who might want to come along!

By “people” I mean .. women and men of all ages, employers, employees, people who have started their own business … basically anyone who has a role in society who will be affected in some way by national policies.

They need to be happy to talk to us about their experiences - and will have the chance to address the politicians and speak up during the programme so need to be fairly confident ish (though they will only need to speak for about a minute if that!)

We want them to be politically engaged - but by that I don't mean they have to be wannabe politicians, they just need to have some political views and be aware of how they are affected by policies.

I would need the names and phone numbers of each interested person in advance / asap really as I need to speak to each audience member for about 15 minutes between now and early September to find out a bit about them and the kind of thing they will be saying.

Thanks for reading – would be great to grab a chat to see if you think you can spread the word to different people who may want to come along.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine Doran
Victoria Derbyshire & Shelagh Fogarty programmes
BBC Radio 5 Live
Quay House, Media City UK
Salford Quays
M50 2QH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here