• I buy and sell

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Would not trust it

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep althoguh I'm going to stop. Everybody seems to have that software that puts your bid in with like 2 seconds to space. Missed out on a sweet Fred Perry coat the other day to that shit.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
loads of times, and never a problem (as buyer).

the last minute bid option is actually very simple, and it's an e-bay option....chose your highest bid, make it, if someone outbids even at last second, if within your max you still win...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I buy and sell all the time and the only problems Ive had is two things have got lost in the post !!

You can get some excellent bargins on there if you know what ya doing !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Clothes wise, how do you tell if the items are fake?

Make sure you ASK them. Pretty sure that it's legally binding if you do.

That last minute bid thing is okay but the software it happens right at the end so the use who's got it will pretty much always win. There were two people bidding for the coat, I entered my highest in the last minute and it said 5 seconds left then a completely new bidder won. That's dodgy that is.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
At the end of the day the person that enters the highest bid is always gonna win - just put in the max amount you are willing to pay for the item and then just sit back and let ebay bid up on your behalf.
If you lose then it only sold above what you were willing to pay and you never know, you may win the auction with a bid below your max bid.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Make sure you ASK them. Pretty sure that it's legally binding if you do.

That last minute bid thing is okay but the software it happens right at the end so the use who's got it will pretty much always win. There were two people bidding for the coat, I entered my highest in the last minute and it said 5 seconds left then a completely new bidder won. That's dodgy that is.

No it isn't.

You enter a max bid. E-bay bids on your behalf up to your max.

simple really, you just didnt' bid enough.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do people find that the people with good feedback are generally supplying kosha goods? or that they might be fake but people buying them are too stupid to notice.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Richie Morris said:
Do people find that the people with good feedback are generally supplying kosha goods? or that they might be fake but people buying them are too stupid to notice.

Yes

but you can ask people questions about the stuff they are selling so you should be OK !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
No it isn't.

You enter a max bid. E-bay bids on your behalf up to your max.

simple really, you just didnt' bid enough.

I'm bitter.

It was a nice coat.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What did it look like Chapper?
Im looking to buy a coat but the price is ridiculously low and Im concerned it is not genuine. Having said that the feedback score is 98% but some of this is from him buying things which surely distorts it a bit.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm making at least £100 a month on ebay just by selling all my old tat. Moved house recently and have a little haul of stuff to peddle out. It's amazing what you can get for some of it - one old cd single I put on there is at £20!:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Is all Stone Island on there fake then?

Nice Fred Perry, whats the retail price?

I couldn't find the exact coat but reckon about 150 notes. The Stone Island on there is all dodgy, only ever buy stuff that says GENUINE in the item description and even then I'd ask stuff.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That was a proper dapper coat. Youd have looked like Jack the Biscuit in that.

The item I am looking at says genuine but the picture is of last years coat, not the 2005 style they are selling and there is no reserve which makes me suspicious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports