Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think TB will allow CH to spend big on players this summer

Will TB let CH spend big money this summer?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know TB likes to play the percentages and he think probably thinks the team just went through a run of bad luck, but I believe he's had enough of a skirt with League 1 to see that this is a path that can only be avoided if we invest significantly in a wise purchase or two.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know TB likes to play the percentages and he think probably thinks the team just went through a run of bad luck, but I believe he's had enough of a skirt with League 1 to see that this is a path that can only be avoided if we invest significantly in a wise purchase or two.

I hear LIAM DICKENSON is still available, he's a £750,000 striker you know, and only 29, same age as COG and younger than CMS.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But is that true if you add in transfer fees?

Outgoing Transfer fees aren't spending.
I'm not arguing whether its impressive. Although I don't see conversely a lot of appetite on here for season ticket holders to subsidise a continued increase of it.
Its just that many users on here bemoan the lack of investment or argue that spending on the player budget is less than Poyet or last year. Its not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we sell Ince and Dunk for, say, 8 million in total, then along with savings in CMS's and Kemy's wages, surely we can spend BIG on a striker like Rhodes.

Would mean offering Halford a deal, and bringing in another central midfielder, on top of 5 other signings ( 2nd striker, 2 defenders, winger, ATM / Tex ).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just like we did with Ulloa Cash. :)

Probably end up signing Leon Best, on loan again, two weeks into next season when we have missed out on all the others because they break our wage structure or have chosen to go to clubs with more ambition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably end up signing Leon Best two weeks into next season when we have missed out on all the others because they break our wage structure or have chosen to go to a club with more ambition.
That's the spirit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's the spirit.

Recent history is my friend, I expect us to struggle to find a decent striker and should we find one, play him out of position or sell/release him after one good season whilst perservering with the rubbish ones for years. If I expect this I won't be disappointed will I? :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Holy thread revival batman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here