Do you think Sandaza will play?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
Do you think Fran Sandaza will get a go today ?
I hope he does, because i want to see his qualities.

my guess would be substituted in for Barnes or Murray in the second half !

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You would have thought he was bought in to play. You dont change a winning side and all that. But if he cant get in ahead of Barnes it doesnt say much for Sandaza does it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Hopefully he'll come on later in the game so we can see what he's like, probably on for Barnes.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
You would have thought he was bought in to play. You dont change a winning side and all that. But if he cant get in ahead of Barnes it doesnt say much for Sandaza does it.

I think the reason he hasn't brought him in yet is because Barnes and Murray work very well as a pairing. I don't know what everyone has against Barnes, he is brilliant

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Well it does because its not quite as simple as that is it:

A) Like you said Gus would probably prefer to keep a winning team
B) Murray and Barnes are developing a real understanding I think
C) Is Barnes really as bad as you make out?? Sure he might not be firing on all cylinders so far but has he really done anything that bad?

???

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Barnes is an average striker at this level, I don't mean average as an insult but if you ranked the stikers he would be about halfway. With our midfield and a bit of form he could easily score 15 goals this year.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
well i just hope he comes on because you have to give him a chance at some stage ...why not today ?
if he turns out to be Messi, let him play more often.
if not let him develop look at him in training and for the reserves and hope he becomes a messi or some star.

what is your opinion on holroyd ...can u see him playing first team this season ?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
well i just hope he comes on because you have to give him a chance at some stage ...why not today ?
if he turns out to be Messi, let him play more often.
if not let him develop look at him in training and for the reserves and hope he becomes a messi or some star.

what is your opinion on holroyd ...can u see him playing first team this season ?

I think it is most likely he will go out on loan if we have Barnes and Murray and Sandaza and Baz and Hart :/

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well it does because its not quite as simple as that is it:

A) Like you said Gus would probably prefer to keep a winning team
B) Murray and Barnes are developing a real understanding I think
C) Is Barnes really as bad as you make out?? Sure he might not be firing on all cylinders so far but has he really done anything that bad?

???

I dont really have nothing against Barnes as such. Just in my opion he is not the fantastic player some on here seems to think he is. If he is that good why was Poyet so desprate to get a striker and was totaly pissed off at his faliure to do so? Barnes is a good bench player imo, not a automatic choice to start.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I dont really have nothing against Barnes as such. Just in my opion he is not the fantastic player some on here seems to think he is. If he is that good why was Poyet so desprate to get a striker and was totaly pissed off at his faliure to do so? Barnes is a good bench player imo, not a automatic choice to start.

I would guess that is because he didn't want to rely on an unproven 20 year old to get all the goals. I don't think that's particularly of a disrespect to Barnes.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
I think if you give Barnes the chance to develop this season he will become one of our most important players in the squad, but you have to give other players the chance to show their qualities too, so maybe i would put him on the bench for a couple of games during the season.
The players who come on for him then are under pressure to perform then, you never know what can happen under pressure ... either they fail or they are magnificent.

Barnes i think can learn alot from Poyet and Murray in due course.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

The question then has to be, why did Gus buy him in close season? If he was after a 'top' striker surely the fee Barnes cost could have gone towards his 'special player' that he missed out on? I think the real answer is that both Murray and Barnes will not be consistent enough over a season by themselves to keep us within reach of the play offs. With the arrival of Sandanza hopefully pressure will be put on the aforementioned players to be a little more deadly in front of goal.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
The question then has to be, why did Gus buy him in close season? If he was after a 'top' striker surely the fee Barnes cost could have gone towards his 'special player' that he missed out on? I think the real answer is that both Murray and Barnes will not be consistent enough over a season by themselves to keep us within reach of the play offs. With the arrival of Sandanza hopefully pressure will be put on the aforementioned players to be a little more deadly in front of goal.

i think poyet brought him in as a part of the development squad ...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Does anyone actualy know what we paid for Barnes?..As I have said, nothing against Barnes, just think he was more of a squad signing, than a player who was targeted as a match winning striker Poyet was after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports