Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Oscar could be sacked at the end of the season?

Will Oscar be sacked before next season starts?

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nathan Jones controls behind the scenes

I keep reading this on NSC, but so far it am yet to see a single shred of evidence for it. Not even one hazy anecdote that is supposed to come from someone's wife's cousin's husband who is friends with the tea lady or something. Why do people think Jones controls everything? What is the reason for it? I'm not even saying he doesn't, I just don't understand why it seems to have become an accepted viewpoint from a lot of people.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This is becomimg laughable now. We have this poll after very single game and the result is always the same. It seems the majority of NSCers have been more realistic this season.

Pointless to ask that we stop doing these polls as its bound to be back Wednesday morning. Ho-hum.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Congratulations Kev, you are my new signature.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha ha! Nostradamus strikes again! We'll all look forward to you being completely and utterly wrong, yet again, and then not posting for weeks while you hope people forget about it.
It would seem there are a few posters about, that might not let that happen. :clap2:
Congratulations Kev, you are my new signature.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Don't think he will be sacked but I reckon he will resign. We haven't really got the style of football and results he promised and in return I'm pretty sure he hasn't been able to sign the type of players he would have wanted.
Amicable break up

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He is very unlikely to be sacked. Top half finish and season tickets renewals good. Some expect to much and have a dream which they wish to be fulfilled. We are not likely to be going up any time soon, we do not have the money for that but we can challenge and that is what we are doing.

Rarely do I read here of how good and entertaining the opposition are and rarely do I read that of us. That is largely the way of it in the Championship it seems to me. Too many goals are scored from teams sitting back and denying space in the final third and hitting on the counter attack.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is becomimg laughable now. We have this poll after very single game and the result is always the same. It seems the majority of NSCers have been more realistic this season.

Pointless to ask that we stop doing these polls as its bound to be back Wednesday morning. Ho-hum.

Pont me in the direction of another poll asking whether Oscar will be gone at the end of the season, it's not the same as" do you want him sacked" is it, which is what the other polls are about?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I really hope we don't turn into a trigger happy sacking club, they're never successful.

He'll get, as he should, at least two goes at it.

The club was in a little mess when he took over, it's unfair to only give him one season with someone elses players. And let's face it, [if it finishes] 8th isn't a complete failure, despite not making the playoffs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It would seem there are a few posters about, that might not let that happen. :clap2:

But what will they say when I'm right???....absolutely nothing,just keep harping on about how I was wrong about Vicente, by about 2 or 3 games, I cant remember now....He was after all such a sucess story here.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I keep reading this on NSC, but so far it am yet to see a single shred of evidence for it. Not even one hazy anecdote that is supposed to come from someone's wife's cousin's husband who is friends with the tea lady or something. Why do people think Jones controls everything? What is the reason for it? I'm not even saying he doesn't, I just don't understand why it seems to have become an accepted viewpoint from a lot of people.

Don't be so naive. Everybody knows that assistant head coach's run the clubs, not the head coach, chief execs or chairmen.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But what will they say when I'm right???....absolutely nothing,just keep harping on about how I was wrong about Vicente, by about 2 or 3 games, I cant remember now....He was after all such a sucess story here.

you were also wrong about Bridcutt 'Never playing for the club again', but you appear to conveniently forget that.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Personally, I'd give him until Xmas next year and then see where we are

However, I also think that to get out of this league you need a British manager who has been around the block and knows this division. Look at all the team's to get promoted recently and with the exception if Swansea (and possibly saints), none of the teams play tippy tappy football. They are all teams that can graft and grind out a result.

It's this type of manager I'd like to get in next if it doesn't work with Oscar.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

However, I also think that to get out of this league you need a British manager who has been around the block and knows this division. Look at all the team's to get promoted recently and with the exception if Swansea (and possibly saints), none of the teams play tippy tappy football. They are all teams that can graft and grind out a result.

It's this type of manager I'd like to get in next if it doesn't work with Oscar.

Do you really want Nigel Pearson? Nigel Adkins? Sam Allardyce? Holloway? or would you really prefer a tippy tappy Brendan Rodgers or Martinez?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If you keep making predictions of unlikely but credible events, the law of averages says that you'll get one right eventually. Stopped clocks etc..

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Depends if fans want to get promotion or not. Obviously it would be better to play good football and go up that way but recent history says (and looks likely to be repeated again this year) that you need the Pearson, Dyche etc type managers if you want promotion.

Everyone said what a clown Holloway is when he joined Palace but he managed to get them up.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

It's been done to death but the reason most of the managers who win promotion from this league are British is because for the last 10/15/20 years, the majority of teams have been led by British managers. If 90/95% of the league has a Brit in charge, it figures that the promoted teams are likely to have them as managers. Equally so, it's most likely the relegated teams will have British managers as well.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It's been done to death but the reason most of the managers who win promotion from this league are British is because for the last 10/15/20 years, the majority of teams have been led by British managers. If 90/95% of the league has a Brit in charge, it figures that the promoted teams are likely to have them as managers. Equally so, it's most likely the relegated teams will have British managers as well.

That's a good stat, I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Just for arguments sake though, how many of the promoted managers have been in this league for a good few years? Is it all about experience or can a manager cone in and get you promoted after 1-2 years in charge?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here