Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still care about results?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No but I would rather lose having given it a right go than waiting till the 72nd min for a shot on target.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its the great chance of getting up the table and in this case into the play-offs and then throwing it away not just once but several times, I always have the expectation of us doing well in most games with the squad we have then there is the nothingness until the next match.
all promise and no result.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I took the view that we wouldn't make the play-offs quite early this season and stick by it, so I'm not too hurt when results go against us as I'm expecting it. I think we're over achieving at the moment. It's natural to be pissed off immediately after a game though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I care as much now as I did when in my teens. What's changed is that I no longer take it out on people around me (maturity, I reckon) and that the upset doesn't last anywhere near as long (regrettably in many ways, there's more to life than just football these days)

I think this is how I feel. When I was younger I was a nightmare when Brighton lost. Now I hold it in a bit more so as not to ruin other peoples weekend as well. That said it still bothers me just as much. And the Palace loss was right up there with some of the worst.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I took the view that we wouldn't make the play-offs quite early this season and stick by it, so I'm not too hurt when results go against us as I'm expecting it. I think we're over achieving at the moment. It's natural to be pissed off immediately after a game though.
I agree with this as next season is going to be much better whichever division we are in. When you get older you have seen so much more of life's troubles and disasters etc that losing football matches seems a lot less important in the great scheme of things. Also you are more realistic as you know there are both better and worse things that will happen to your team in the future as it has in the past.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me it's more about performances and reactions than results. I can get over a bad result quickly if we've given it our all, but getting over that 2nd half vs. Palace in the play-offs and the reaction afterwards is going to take years.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Last night I thought oh ffs we missed an oppurtunity

Thats it, no more feeling towards it what so ever.

Even the Palace play off disaster was "oh well" and that was it

in my teens used to ruin my weekend

now its not really that important to me

anyone else and bit care free about results?

Been watching the Albion for over fifty years, I admit that for a long time I found any defeat hard to deal with. That has changed gradually over the years, but, occasionally, the old feeling of anger, disappointment and frustration returns, the 1-3 defeat by Palace in the first season at the Amex sent me spiralling, for days after every time I closed my eyes I could hear their fans homophobic singing. It was the same after the play off. Been OK this season though, personally, despite last nights result I think we are having a better season than I expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here