• Yes

Votes: 57 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 318 84.8%

• Total voters

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great news. One of the most disgusting things i can imagine and zero positives. Oh having ones brings your personality and good feeling back up to the level of the rest of us for a few minutes does it before you crash down again? Great one!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I smoked for about 3 years in my younger days. A mate took me aside and said that I must be mad. He told me my teeth would go yellow,my house would have yellow ceilings, my breath smelt, I smelt, it would give me a cough, it causes cancer, plus it was costing me lots of money. Great advice. I gave up that day.
In fact I cannot think of anyone my wife and I know who smokes. We have a large family and a large circle of friends and non of them smoke.Just realised none of our neighbours smoke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like the occasional Marlboro Light. But don't consider myself a smoker.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Of course smokers will tell you that the smoking ban was the cause for a lot of pubs closing.

When you see the percentage of smokers, it makes you realise how that can't be the case. There may well be some hard core smokers who won't go to the pub because they can't have a quick gasper at the bar but that won't be the case for all. But with only 17% of people smoking, even if the majority stayed away, it wouldn't make a huge difference

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No, never have done, never will.

And don't have any friends that do. I have no respect for anyone that does. And women are immediately less attractive if they do.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No, never have. Cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would, absolutely disgusting, filthy smelly habit.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like the occasional Marlboro Light. But don't consider myself a smoker.

As a smoker i do... but i won't go quite as far as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to say your a "filthy" one in the NILE.... :lolol:

Your the worst type.......your type at parties and social events always have to ask me for a cigarette and when i offer,let's say something like a medium range Mayfair or Windsor Blue,you moan and decline,then as the evening progresses,the drinks flow,reluctantly you ask me again-to busy having a good time i say sure,hear we go......PROBLEM- i have smoked all mine...

Right off to the off license,newsagent or wherever to get more...........PROBLEM- i have just spent a small fortune on Malboro Lights,god only knows why i did this? Perhaps it's the very attractive leggy blonde you came with (a friend of course) she smokes Malboro too and so there we have it.... Bloming social smokers-

Note the use at the end of the words, social and SMOKER :wave:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I smoked a few fags in my early teens and had the odd cigar, but me or my family in recent history have never been smokers, but I kind of quite miss it to some extent, I look back on the old 70's TV shows and see casual smoking everywhere and the fug of smoke and I sense a kind of freedom, banning stuff is just crap, those that want to ban something are never quite satisfied, you can even see the attitude towards vapours on this thread even though they dont seem to impinge on anyone else and are a better option to smoking.

You wait, we will soon be reminded that this is our 5th pint we have ordered to consume and so on, horrible stuff really, give the the old fella a place to have a smoke in the warm in your pub, whats wrong with that ??

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Been trying to start for years, but I don't have the willpower.

Was a smoker for 10 years. Fags, then roll ups and then hamlet (cigars) but ended up smoking 20 of those a day.

Anyhow, had my last smoke at midnight New Years 1999 and never had once since.

But, I'm not disgusted by the smell and at times still genuinely would like one. Pleased to say I've never caved in.

I do find it odd when I visit a country that allows smoking inside and am amazed at the pong from my clothes in the morning.

They really should be taxed more and there be more stringent checks at the border to prevent smuggling. It's a crap habit that benefits no one (apart from the Cig Co's who I must admit form a reliable part of my share portfolio - hypocrite I am!)

When I gave up I was thin as a rake - 6' and 10 stone. Now I'm still 6' but 30% heavier. And I drink a lot more than I used to - prob where the weight has come from...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only after sex.

So no.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
My wife was a smoker and had a get out clause as I said I wouldn't ask her out unless she gave up - luckily for me she gave up and now been married for 30 years ...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I smoked from early teens until I got cancer and then I stopped (15 years ago). I have to admit, not a day goes by when I don't look back and a. miss having a fag and b. be grateful to the surgeons who removed half my bowel and gave me the past 15 years. I don't knock people who smoke, so long as they do it without blowing it in other people's faces ( and that includes these new fangled things with steam!).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
you can even see the attitude towards vapours on this thread even though they dont seem to impinge on anyone else and are a better option to smoking.

Never quite as black and white as it appears though is it? I'm quite pro-smoking, have been an occasional social smoker for decades and for me I'd rather smoke and take the risks associated with doing that than partake of some naff, half way house that is vaping, no matter how much safer it may apparently be. I just don't see the appeal or get why people would want to walk around sucking on those absurd devices looking like an extra from the Star Wars Cantina unless it was as a temporary measure to wean yourself off smoking.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I never stood a chance, I was always going to be a smoker.
I am not blaming anyone it's up to me to give up, indeed I did for 13 years but this is why.
My mum smoked, she used to send me to the shop to buy them for her. I would buy her 25 JPS in a tub for Christmas.
I went to my nans after school she smoked as well so did my grandad, l used to love and sniff in the smoke from the cigarettes when they were all smoking at home.
One summer holiday I would collect off the street as many different brands as I could find.
So when I was offered a fag for the first time(I even remember who that was) it was obvious I was going to smoke it.
In those days you had sweet cigarettes and play cigarettes with a red bit on the end that blew fake smoke.
Shops would sell you cigarettes, no questions asked and cigarette vending machines were on the wall outside many shops.
A lot of people smoked, on TV as well it was quite a cool thing to do.
We even smoked in the school playground, most of the teachers smoked as well.
You could smoke on trains, planes, even the underground in London.
Pubs were full of smokers.
I gave up for 13 years, I always wanted to be able to smoke the odd Havana now and again which I managed to do.
But stupidly I went onto small cigars then roll ups which I still smoke.
I don't want to, I know it's stupid but you know what, I enjoy it.
But I don't seem to have the will power that I once had to give up.
As I said no ones fault but my own but when I was a kid smoking was almost a way of life and once addicted it is tricky to give up, but many have done it, maybe I will try again.
Gotta go now, I need a fag.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, socially .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here