Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you plan to go to the Palace match given the likely travel chaos?

Are you still going?

• Yes, I’ll get there somehow

Votes: 148 77.1%
  • No, I’ll have to skip it

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • No, wasn’t going anyway

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ll be cycling, as I usually do.

Do enjoy arriving for a match on a bike, gives you a nice spring in the step.

To all fans really, from anywhere along the seafront, from the Palace Pier up to The Level, it's pretty flat all the way to the Amex with safe cycle lanes pretty much for the entire journey. If you don't have a bike, definitely worth thinking about one of the City Bikes for the day and jumping on one of those.

As others have posted previously on this thread, all the way from Shoreham as far as Worthing and beyond, there is pretty much a flat route all the way to the Amex. Same from Lewes really, there is a cycle track along the A27 that will safely get you to the stadium.

#AlbionCycleDay!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm dumbfounded that anybody would use a tricky transport situation to stop them watching this Albion team and a match this big.

If this is you, what's wrong with you? You just have to leave early.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm dumbfounded that anybody would use a tricky transport situation to stop them watching this Albion team and a match this big.

Hove and Lewes Stations to the Amex are actually only a 5 mile walk, Portslade Station is 6.5 mile walk. I've done that as a Sunday stroll with young kids and family in tow. Set out at noon, couple of refreshment stops along the way, don't be in too much of a rush after. As a one off at least worth a try with travel, fuel and climate chaos.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Working late on Friday, so need to figure out a way to get from London and back. Possibly a national express, but it’s a right ball ache.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hove Station to the Amex is actually only a 5 mile walk. Portslade Station is 6.5 mile walk. I've done that as a Sunday stroll with young kids and family in tow. Set out at noon, couple of refreshment stops along the way, don't be in too much of a rush after. As a one off at least worth a try with travel, fuel and climate chaos.

Well yes, there are plenty of options.

Walk, bus, cab, bike.

None of them are as easy as they usually are, but there's nobody who can't get to the game.

It's just donating a bit more time and thought into how you're doing it

My thoughts would be different if this was an evening game or the boxing day 8pm debacle, that's fair enough

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Basically, this team deserve your support in what is the biggest game we've played this season.

They've turned up for you and you should turn up for them

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I travel by coach so no worries

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Do enjoy arriving for a match on a bike, gives you a nice spring in the step.

To all fans really, from anywhere along the seafront, from the Palace Pier up to The Level, it's pretty flat all the way to the Amex with safe cycle lanes pretty much for the entire journey. If you don't have a bike, definitely worth thinking about one of the City Bikes for the day and jumping on one of those.

As others have posted previously on this thread, all the way from Shoreham as far as Worthing and beyond, there is pretty much a flat route all the way to the Amex. Same from Lewes really, there is a cycle track along the A27 that will safely get you to the stadium.

#AlbionCycleDay!

Are there plenty of bike racks at Amex

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are there plenty of bike racks at Amex

I've never had a problem locking my bike in the racks both covered and covered just down from the old bandstand area. If 1000s more turn up on bikes, then it may well be a case of find a railing or post where you can.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've never had a problem locking my bike in the racks both covered and covered just down from the old bandstand area. If 1000s more turn up on bikes, then it may well be a case of find a railing or post where you can.

probably advisably not to put your bike near the south stand or anywhere along where the legends banners are...

remember they slashed and pulled them down a few years ago.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was already unable to make it so was hoping it might move so I could TBH (later, not earlier)

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
probably advisably not to put your bike near the south stand or anywhere along where the legends banners are...

remember they slashed and pulled them down a few years ago.

[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]'s advice about locking up at the Uni is probably a good one. You can't really cycle away from close to the stadium after a game anyway.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

105-mile round trip, kids in tow, other weekend commitments...

Not everyone lives a simple bike-ride away.... or wants to pay £60+ for Seagull Travel on top of petrol and normal match-day costs.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Will be going for the first time in a while. Leaving Thursday, I have downloaded my ticket into my phone wallet....is that all I need to do or take to get in??

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Well yes, there are plenty of options.

Walk, bus, cab, bike.

None of them are as easy as they usually are, but there's nobody who can't get to the game.

It's just donating a bit more time and thought into how you're doing it

My thoughts would be different if this was an evening game or the boxing day 8pm debacle, that's fair enough

Might actually open people's eyes to using these other options even when trains are running - given how overcrowded and unpleasant travelling by train is to/from the match.

So far this season I've taken an early train to the ground and then after the game walked to a pick up point where my lad picked me up. Taken a 700 from Shoreham to Brighton and then walked to the ground from Old Steine which took me exactly one hour. I could have jumped on a B&H bus to the Uni but it was a nice warm day that day and lovely being outside.

And then I got on by bike for the Leicester game - which was actually the best option although not sure how that's going to work out when weather not so good.

Train is definitely my least favoured option!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is travel chaos likely ?
Presumably the match either a) moved b) goes ahead with contingency plans / limiting travel chaos. rather than c) rather than as per but no trains.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, I drive down from Essex.
Will probably set out earlier for this one to ensure I can get parked up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here