[Albion] Do you need to renew Albion + membership every season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although a fan for over 50 years I can't be arsed to even go through the process of working out how to get a ticket. Greatest ever Brighton side but I'll watch on TV from now:rolleyes:

Go on the website, buy a ticket. Same as Withdean.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Although a fan for over 50 years I can't be arsed to even go through the process of working out how to get a ticket. Greatest ever Brighton side but I'll watch on TV from now:rolleyes:

You’re a legacy fan anyway. Doubt you’re on the database anymore. Thanks for your 50 years support and grab a T-shirt on the way out, but you’re now, what’s the word, irrelevant? :)

el punal

Don’t beat yourself up. It’s the future. Football in the long run doesn’t want fans turning up, it contributes too little revenue plus there’s the operational cost of a stadium which can be replaced by more profitable cgi equivalents, to pay players even greater salaries. That’s really all that matters. Fans are so 20th Century. Everything else is just marketing and spin, the best of which is the notion of football being a sporting contest. So stay home and watch the self styled greatest league in the world. Alternatively, as more people seem to be doing, watch non league live and do something else too with all the free time not having to jump through hoops to watch an ‘elite’ game entails these days; plus, enjoy the small fortune you’ll save eg treat yourself to some gas or elec this winter, afford some food etc as we edge inevitably ever closer to WW3 and climate change catastrophe…

Actually, on 2nd thoughts, buy Member+ because life needs to be lived before it all ends! :cheers: :albion2:

I’ll stick with the elite game thanks ever so much, like us stuffing Man Utd at home, or the two superb draws against Chelsea, or our wins at Arsenal and Spurs. Oh, and meeting up with friends for beers before, during and after games. Basically having a bloody good time and enjoying myself.

All the above can be discounted and ignored on the basis that your post is a wonderful tongue in cheek wind up.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Anyway, firstly an apology, it was meant to be a simple yes/no question, I didn’t mean to rake over old coals or cause friction and accept I will be coughing up.

About the money though (and I’m just saying) if I say to my Brother In Law, “here Gaz wanna go halves on next season’s ticket?” It would be on the basis of half of everything therefore half a £600 (for arguments sake) Season Ticket, isn’t £300, it isn’t even £310, it’s £327.
That’s why I said the £20 fee was a mythical amount

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ll stick with the elite game thanks ever so much, like us stuffing Man Utd at home, or the two superb draws against Chelsea, or our wins at Arsenal and Spurs. Oh, and meeting up with friends for beers before, during and after games. Basically having a bloody good time and enjoying myself.

All the above can be discounted and ignored on the basis that your post is a wonderful tongue in cheek wind up.

Damn you for seeing through my nonsense for what it was! Yep, top level footy is expensive and often a faff, but if you can afford/be flexible, and we all make choices, then I say bloody well go and enjoy! Life’s too short, far too short. Last couple years have taught us that in spades. I for one am looking forward to a few more home games next season and away trips too :)

Now, does anyone know what happened to the cup final money?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tbh the TV fan is the only relevant one now:dunky:

Well, they certainly bring in more collective cash. And when holidaying in the Congo, it’s good to know we can still watch us play…;)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So someone i go to games with, who has an Over 65's ST and is expecting to miss 2 games (maybe more) next season, so they'll have to pay £20 to make it shareable.

If his daughter takes the ticket for one of the games, she'll have to pay £34 (MyAlbion+ membership) as well as presumably having to pay the difference between an adult and the over 65's seat price (assuming the difference they'll have to pay is based upon the average price per game the ST pays, rather than full price)

If his Grandson (U18) takes the ticket on the other occasion, the fee of £24 will have to be paid for an MyAlbion+ membership

So simply the cost to make it so that their 2 family members are able to use the tickets for those 2 games will be £78, plus you'll still need to add any difference in seat price between the adult and over 65 price on top of that. - Then you add the value of the ticket that is being transferred (over 65 ST holder pays £22.65 on average a game vs £34.21 for an adult)

So for the daughter it will cost around £45.56 to use that ticket (fee + ticket uplift cost)
For the grandson it will cost around £20 (based on a slight refund? on the seat price being cheaper if U18)
And for the current ST holder it will cost £20 for them to not use it but stop them going to waste

So basically that's c£85 extra to use those 2 tickets. how much would it cost for those 2 to go to a game together in the family stand instead?
(Not sure how old the prices document i found is, but using that), their 2 tickets would be:
c£70 for a category A game (£15 less)
c£53 for a category B game (£32 less)
c£45 for a category C game (£40 less) - and means they can almost get to 2 games together each, for about the same cost of using that shared ST once each

No wonder there were so many empty seats about last season where they would have been passed on (usually free of charge to family members so they don't go to waste)

And that is why my seat is empty if I can't make a match. Not going to all that faff and expense just share an already paid for ticket.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the Away Membership Scheme was the only lifetime facility offered by the club.

Everything else is renewable each year.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can’t believe that the person using the shared season ticket only wants to go to one game a season. Surely, as a supporter, their My Albion + subscription is spread over many tickets they purchase with higher priority than season ticket holder guests for other games?
I have several friends to turn to to offer my season ticket to if I can’t make it, but they’re not waiting for me to offer, they’re going to games anyway. Just not enough to justify a season ticket. :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So has Season Ticket Sharing now completely replaced the Season Ticket Upgrades you could make on a concession ticket? Last season I was still able to upgrade my son's U18 ST to an adult or OAP ticket without it being ST sharing and you were able to do that 6 times a season. Has that now gone?

Edit...no it hasn't gone, you can upgrade any concession ticket without needing to share it. Doesn't make any mention on a limit to number of times though?

Last edited:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I thought the ticket sharing was for last season only. Have they officially extended it?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 08.09.40.png

Details here ...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So someone i go to games with, who has an Over 65's ST and is expecting to miss 2 games (maybe more) next season, so they'll have to pay £20 to make it shareable.

If his daughter takes the ticket for one of the games, she'll have to pay £34 (MyAlbion+ membership) as well as presumably having to pay the difference between an adult and the over 65's seat price (assuming the difference they'll have to pay is based upon the average price per game the ST pays, rather than full price)

If his Grandson (U18) takes the ticket on the other occasion, the fee of £24 will have to be paid for an MyAlbion+ membership

So simply the cost to make it so that their 2 family members are able to use the tickets for those 2 games will be £78, plus you'll still need to add any difference in seat price between the adult and over 65 price on top of that. - Then you add the value of the ticket that is being transferred (over 65 ST holder pays £22.65 on average a game vs £34.21 for an adult)

So for the daughter it will cost around £45.56 to use that ticket (fee + ticket uplift cost)
For the grandson it will cost around £20 (based on a slight refund? on the seat price being cheaper if U18)
And for the current ST holder it will cost £20 for them to not use it but stop them going to waste

So basically that's c£85 extra to use those 2 tickets. how much would it cost for those 2 to go to a game together in the family stand instead?
(Not sure how old the prices document i found is, but using that), their 2 tickets would be:
c£70 for a category A game (£15 less)
c£53 for a category B game (£32 less)
c£45 for a category C game (£40 less) - and means they can almost get to 2 games together each, for about the same cost of using that shared ST once each

No wonder there were so many empty seats about last season where they would have been passed on (usually free of charge to family members so they don't go to waste)

So as a concession ticket the O65 ST can be upgraded rather than shared. Details here.

Now I did this last season several times upgrading my Son's U18 ticket to an O65 and it didn't requiring sharing fee or the recipient to be Albion+.

It the O65 ticket was in the North Stand, pro-rata each game would be rated as £19.74, so the upgrade cost will be whatever the match day ticket price is less the £19.74. In the case of upgrading to an U18 for a cat C game, if the match day price was £15, I'm not sure whether the upgrade would complete as £0.00 to be paid, or what happens, it's not actually clear you can upgrade to another concession.

If you couldn't upgrade an O65 to an U18, then upgrading to a adult that was a Cat C match day price of £30 would still only be £10.26.

Edit: I think there is a line that says a concession can only be upgraded to a higher price band, so in the case of the O65 it could only be upgraded to an adult.

Last edited:

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
So has Season Ticket Sharing now completely replaced the Season Ticket Upgrades you could make on a concession ticket? Last season I was still able to upgrade my son's U18 ST to an adult or OAP ticket without it being ST sharing and you were able to do that 6 times a season. Has that now gone?

Edit...no it hasn't gone, you can upgrade any concession ticket without needing to share it. Doesn't make any mention on a limit to number of times though?

concession upgrade is unlimited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports