Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you live in Worthing?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worthing town centre has gone downhill at an alarming rate. It coincided with the development of the Downlands Business park for me.

We live on the outskirts but rarely venture into town as its pretty grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You have to assume that the ne'er do wells that can be seen in and around the town centre seafront have migrated over from Brighton, attracted by Worthing drink and drugs at prices that don't include the 'Brighton tax' that gets applied to everything 12 miles to the East.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You have to assume that the ne'er do wells that can be seen in and around the town centre seafront have migrated over from Brighton, attracted by Worthing drink and drugs at prices that don't include the 'Brighton tax' that gets applied to everything 12 miles to the East.
Possibly true. But it's a bit like saying that all the street drinkers and the like in Brighton must have been attracted to the coast from London, or elsewhere.

I remember people living in squats in Lewes in 1989. They were from Lewes.

Every town has it's own problems, it's generally not all about somewhere else (bloody immigrants etc etc).

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
As a Brighton boy born and bred, Worthing had absolutely no appeal to me whats so ever. At 26 my eldest was born and I ended up in Shoreham (more affordable) and 2 years later the next one came along and we moved further west to Lancing (even more affordable) Even though Worthing was 2 miles away I'd still always head back to Brighton for everything (shopping, eating, entertainment etc) 3 years ago the youngest was born and guess what, yes we moved even further west to Worthing (there will be no more as I don't want to end up in Littlehampton...)

I live a few minutes walk from Splashpoint, right on the seafront. I absolutely love it here! The pool and gym are clean and affordable, there is an outdoor 'splash pad' where the kids can play in the water and cool down in the summer, I have lots of parks and crazy golf on my doorstep.I can walk into town in less than 10 minutes where there are lots of independent coffee shops and restaurants. Parking is ONE pound an hour if you need to use the car. As a kid who was brought up in Brighton I probably enjoyed all the things I shouldn't have done a little too much and I want my kids to HOPEFULLY do a better job than I did at that. I feel where we have ended up is pretty much perfect. Much more family friendly, cleaner, less crowded, cheaper and only a 20 minute train journey back home for match days.

Worthing is not as bad as people make out, not at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
there are lots of independent coffee shops.

Excellent. The soon to be arriving liberal elite like a good indy coffee shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here