Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you have any lines you don't cross, period? (Principles)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Never have and never will:

- Vote Tory
- Allow foreign students to barge seniors and less-abled out of the way to get on the bus first
- Cross a picket line
- Have anything complimentary to say about Katie Price, Queen of Chavs
- Shout at young children (it is the most pointless thing you can do. It achieves zilch)
- No use of the "C" word if ladies present

Why just foreign students?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I have a 4 year old and 10 month old and I empathise strongly with this. The 4 year old has always been an awful sleeper - I got just over 1 hour last night thanks to him.

What if they didn't order their own chips and you said they can't have any of yours at the time and then they try to take one anyway?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Never watch any TV Programs or read articles about ghosts, ghost hunters, exorcisms, poltergeists etc.

Stuff about UFOs and aliens is OK as I do think there could be extra terrestrial life

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Never have and never will:

- Vote Tory
- Allow foreign students to barge seniors and less-abled out of the way to get on the bus first
- Cross a picket line
- Have anything complimentary to say about Katie Price, Queen of Chavs
- Shout at young children (it is the most pointless thing you can do. It achieves zilch)
- No use of the "C" word if ladies present

That is interesting that a few have said that in this thread.

As a woman I do involuntary use the "C" word, it is normally when I see a Tory MP on the the TV, it just escapes out of my mouth.

So I guess I would never vote Tory
Never cheat on my Husband.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
[/B]

That is interesting that a few have said that in this thread.

As a woman I do involuntary use the "C" word, it is normally when I see a Tory MP on the the TV, it just escapes out of my mouth.

So I guess I would never vote Tory
Never cheat on my Husband.

Even if he voted Tory?:lolol:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What are your reasons for swearing, if you do.

I find a well-timed and well-placed swear work can be powerful, funny or therapeutic. Excellent punctuation or emphasis for our language. I agree that some people over use swear words but to me they certainly have a place in our vocabularies.

Each to their own of course but I am interested in when you see them as appropriate.

I've just started a new job and the owner is religious, first thing he said to me during the interview was he absolutely will not tolerate blasphemy and no swearing either.
I find the more I try not to swear, the more sweary I become, and working in a warehouse without using foul language is something I'm really not used to.
Maybe a line I won't cross is having to make up words to replace swear words like I'm a character in Scooby-Doo.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I’ve never really thought about lines I wouldn’t cross, I just try and lead my life by doing what I believe is the right thing judged by normal standards of decency and humanity.
As a young man, I have done things that I wouldn’t do now and I dare say so have many or all of us. Luckily age mellows many of us and gives us a wisdom or judgement we almost certainly lacked in our youth.
I have tried to live a decent life and to treat others as I would like to be treated myself,, althoughI know I failed in some of the relationships I had as a typical young hot blooded male!
PS As voting intentions have entered the thread, I have to say I have never voted Labour and I think it unlikely I ever will. I have always voted Conservative or abstained. Some on here will therefore assume tthat I eat babies and must be a vile, selfish, evil person. Well,I don’t and I’m not.
I’ve dated plenty of girls who smoked even thoughI didn’t.I even know that at least one girl voted Tory, although I can’t say politics was ever a factor in choosing girlfriends. You either liked each other and got on or you didn’t. It is a bit like having friends. I don’t care who they vote for unless they are raving nutters of any persuasion.
Live and let live.

Basically, what he said.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Real guns. I would never even touch one, let alone fire it.

I've been on various trips where there's been the opportunity to fire live guns in firing ranges. It's always made me feel very uncomfortable.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No lines for me (unless anyone's offering?)

Just try not to be a dick. There are probably some hazy rules within that but never anything I explicitly think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here