Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate Palace?

Do you hate Palace?

• Yes, I HATE them. It's in my BHA DNA and nothing will change that.

Votes: 183 58.3%
  • Yeah, I hate them. My mates do, and so do I although I'm not sure why

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No, it's all nonsense. I thought we'd moved on from this outdated football idiocy.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • No, I LOVE them. They're my second team who I like to watch if I can't watch the mighty Albion.

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hate Hate Hate with every bone in my body.

Club, fans, town everything about them, they make my blood boil.

The world would be better off without them in it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You have to be of a certain age to truly understand what the rivalry is all about.

Prejudiced and patronizing - a winning combination :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Since that fateful day 4 years ago, I've been happy that we haven't had to play Palace, and so feel no joy in the prospect of having to face them again twice this season, with all the angst, aggro and general nonsense that goes along with these fixtures. So do YOU hate Palace? Is this rivalry an old Albion tradition that we need to cling to, particularly at a time when our success means to many that day by day we are having to sacrifice a little bit of our soul as we aim to compete in that shiny, faceless, soulless money driven machine that is the Premier League? Or do you believe the rivalry should be consigned to the trash bin, along with bovver boots, skinheads, street fights, and other stupid outdated football idiocy?
:tumble::tumble::tumble: "TRASH BIN" WTF
regards
DR

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I enjoyed us putting the final nail in their relegation at Selhurst in 1981

That's stretching history a tad, we were relegated on the 4th April that season but your three nil drubbing of us at Selhurst didn't occur until the 17th of the same month.

That final nail had, 'thankfully', already been hammered in by Manchester United up at Old Trafford.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If you're using the word "hate" to describe a football team, you really need to think about giving up following football and re-adjusting your life-values. It's a far too extreme emotion, especially for something you really don't play any active participation in.

For me, I'm not bothered at all, they rarely come into my radar. They have, at time, been ok to watch over the last few years.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I also hate Darth Vader and Cristiano Ronaldo.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If you're using the word "hate" to describe a football team, you really need to think about giving up following football and re-adjusting your life-values. It's a far too extreme emotion, especially for something you really don't play any active participation in.

For me, I'm not bothered at all, they rarely come into my radar. They have, at time, been ok to watch over the last few years.

If you don't HATE them, I think you should..........

el punal

Hate Hate Hate with every bone in my body.

Club, fans, town everything about them, they make my blood boil.

The world would be better off without them in it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You have to be of a certain age to truly understand what the rivalry is all about.

I am of a certain age, and yes I was at the worst of the Albion v Palace clashes of old, including the " Challis of Palace" debacle at Stamford Bridge. The thing is it's football not a f***ing world war. By all means wish them a defeat every game and relegation, but hells bells mate you need to feel the love a bit. By the way, what town are you referring to. The last time I looked Selhurst Park was in London, not a very nice part, but still part of our capital city

One of the things that irritates me on threats like this is other people telling you your perception of the rivalry is incorrect, even going down the route of telling you you're in the wrong to "hate" or "dislike" them

If you want to hate them, do so, if you want to have a love in as it's only a game of football, knock yerself out, it's a free country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its the whole ethos of their club I can't stand. Its all take, take, take

Fans are generally OK though, a few knobs but all clubs have them

el punal

Just before our 'famous' McShane scoring 1-0 win at Selhurst a work colleague, and Palace fan, boldly stated that Brighton would be whooped 6-0. We'll see I replied.

The following day I presented him with the cheapest, most stale, most humble, pork pie available. Fair play, he put his hands up and said that he deserved that for his arrogance. Nice feeling though!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Been all through the "hate" years in the late 70's/ early 80's .
Now it's replaced with a big desire for you to lose.
The Brighton fans I've met socially have been sound, football loving blokes, who love their team with a passion.
In saying all this, if we relegate you at Selhurst, I will laugh my socks off.
Here's hoping .

Been all through the "hate" years in the late 70's/ early 80's .
Now it's replaced with a big desire for them to lose.
The Palace fans I've met socially have been sound, football loving blokes, who love their team with a passion.
In saying all this, if we relegate them at The Amex I will laugh my socks off.
Here's hoping .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here