Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you go to football for your own means?

Is the statement true for you?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An interesting view - is it true?

At a stab in the dark I would say that over 50% (Thats a Majority) go to the football for their own means. They dont stop to think of what other people think.

They go there to support their team regardless. If during this time they should P1ss someone off then so be it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I go to Football games to support my TEAM. Part of a family of Brighton supporters.

"If during this time they should P1ss someone off then so be it." Idiot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hate ignorant selfish c****s at football matches but unfortunately it seems to go with the game and for that reason I tend to go to the fringes at away games

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Millwall away in the JPT two years back was the single best away experience I've had following the Albion. The team were poor, the football was gash, but the fans stood and sang for the ENTIRE game. It was brilliant.

Its ALL about the group.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Indeed.

It's all about the TRIBE

Desmond Morris even wrote a book about it

tribelr0.jpg

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I hate ignorant selfish c****s at football matches but unfortunately it seems to go with the game and for that reason I tend to go to the fringes at away games

I'll second that sentiment. It's about watching a team and thus being part of following that team which most people would say requires some empathy with your fellow fans.

Well, to most fans anyway .......

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I'd still go and watch if it was only me, and I was going to be there on my own. So it can't all be about the tribe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd still go and watch if it was only me, and I was going to be there on my own. So it can't all be about the tribe.

Remember Billy-no-mates, sat on his own miles away from the other away fans, at one of the Withdean night games last year?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Millwall away in the JPT two years back was the single best away experience I've had following the Albion. The team were poor, the football was gash, but the fans stood and sang for the ENTIRE game. It was brilliant.

Its ALL about the group.

I lost my wedding ring and stood on my i-Pod at that game.

Marvellous scenes neverthless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris;2635340 stood on my i-Pod at that game. Marvellous scenes neverthless.[/QUOTE said:
Are you very small ? :p

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Are you very small ? :p

No I have a very big i-Pod...

It does annoy me sometimes that people feel the need to literally SHOUT about the game to the person next to them.

OK, hands up, I often let an outburst go or moan when I should bite my tongue but I generally try and talk quietly to the person next to me rather than broadcasting my views to the whole South Stand.

People that don't MIFF me off a TREAT.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Going to the football, supporting a football team.. or going to the theatre is a HOBBY.. it's not your life unless you have very limited brain power or you work in the business!! I support the Albion and always have done, but I'd never come to blows over a football match.. I wouldn't even raise my voice in anger.

I go to enjoy the game, and hope that Brighton win. If they don't, they don't. It's the match I pay for, not the result.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I personally go to piss everyone else of around me by shouting random things like "Act like a Mongoose Coxy" and "Play it to the MAX" etc whilst waving my arms around..I also ensure I am seated in the middle of the row and climb over the others to go to the toilet,pie van or merchandise outlet every 5 minutes..this disturbs their Saturday P.M snooze!!

In the past I have sat in other peoples seats at West ham as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here