Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you buy a match day programme ?

Do you buy a match day programme ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you buy a match day programme ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is a vital part of the match day experience and great value but I noticed hardly anyone around me bothers anymore

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They take up a lot of room and have little resale value I guess

el punal

Like many, I used to. The problem is that over time the programmes take up so much room. I now just get ‘commerative ’ issues - Europe League, FA Cup and beating Palace. What I now do is collect ticket stubs for the away fixtures I attend, although that may soon end with clubs using digital ticketing only.

P.S. Still got my FA Cup Semifinal and Final tickets from 1983. 😎

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Home and away, annoyed that they were not available on the European trips

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Only bought the Europa ones. I don't buy anything printed nowadays when it's all on line anyway

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think the club should downsize them from the current magazine format. And charge less. I don’t want pull out posters and pages and pages of retro stuff with resulting ‘book’ afterwards that doesn’t fit easily in back pocket or store easily. Also, let’s have some real photos on the front, not these adobe paintbrish ‘art’ things. Then I might start buying again. Until then, nah…It’s all a bit too ‘padded’ for my liking. Keep it simple. Like it’s readers :)

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I suppose pre-smart phone days, it was useful having the fixtures, league table and lineups to hand.

These days I guess they're only for tourists and kids.

To answer your question, I used to, but not anymore. Couldn't even give away my 'collection' of old programmes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Used to get one for my son every game. He liked reading and collecting them and I used to be able to give him a tenner and he could get his own, check the change and get some sweets.

Now he's much older and the ground is cashless we don't bother.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Used to every game, and kept them all, but 3-4 years ago I realised it was a waste of space and dumped the majority and haven't bought another one since.

Slight lie as got the away one's for Ajax, Marseille and Athens off some bloke on EBAY.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only bought the Europa ones. I don't buy anything printed nowadays when it's all on line anyway
This is the salient point I think.

Back in the day at the Goldstone I always used to buy one, as it was a decent source of info on the club. Managers notes, match reports, ticket info, stats etc etc. Now though, all that and more is online so there's really not much point IMO, unless you are a keen collector.

I did buy the inaugural Europa League programme for posterity (and the Dunky poster), but the run of the mill ones ? Mmmnah.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Used to buy the programme at every game when I lived in the UK and still buy one for our occasional visits.

I think some of the writing is really good (Spencer Vignes, for example) and justifies the cover price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here