Do you believe EVERYTHING the club says?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe EVERYTHING the club says?

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Appears? Are you watching out for me? If so, you would have noticed I have posted on several threads in the last 20 mins.
I'm flattered you take so much notice. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Notice you? It's getting a bit hard to avoid you!

*message to mods* can you change grotbags to " bad penny " :lolol:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Nobody tells the truth all the time, so by definition we all lie. If the club never told porkies they would not be able to attract good players to the club.

White lies are fine. The ones that insult our intelligence are the ones that I sometimes fume over.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I still can't work out where all those empty seats against Forest were....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that the club needs in certain circumstances to be economical with the truth and to release information that is beneficial to the cause.

I think that the club were not 100% truthful with the sacking of Mark McGhee and using the supporters as an excuse was not on! ( But I am not bitter about that as its gone and we have moved on)

I suppose I would be more likely to rename the post as " Do you think the Club are keen on using smoke and mirrors"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No... but, as stated above, this is business...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
You'd be a fool to believe EVERYTHING that somebody says.
There are degrees of truth and different ways of presenting things too.

I trust the Club on most things though and certainly more than any previous regime.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yes,I have always believed every word the club utters.Would Mr.Archer ever have lied to US?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that the club needs in certain circumstances to be economical with the truth and to release information that is beneficial to the cause.

I think that the club were not 100% truthful with the sacking of Mark McGhee and using the supporters as an excuse was not on! ( But I am not bitter about that as its gone and we have moved on)

I suppose I would be more likely to rename the post as " Do you think the Club are keen on using smoke and mirrors"

Dammit I couldn't agree more :lolol::lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No... having worked near the top of a multinational I quickly leant that:

1) 'Our truth isn't necessarily your truth'
2) 'Truth is in the eye of the beholder'
3) 'A lie that save smillions is better than a truth that loses millions'
4) 'Back the right horse, regardless of the truth'

I'm not saying I agree with any of those sentiments but I can think of examples where at least obne of those statements have been evidenced in the behaviour of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports