Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a nasty b*****d?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nasty,Nice, I don`t really care..what we do need is a twenty + a season goal scorer or maybe two.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nasty,Nice, I don`t really care..what we do need is a twenty + a season goal scorer or maybe two.

This, with bells on...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah Joey Barton

Very over-rated player. I recall someone posted his pass completion rate and he was within the bottom third.

If he wasn't such a bell-end few would talk about him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Norman Hunter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince is too young and too nice, if he fills out a bit and gains that edge maybe.

His problem is because of ineperience he makes his tackles look so clumsy and obvious so gets pulled up. The man we need is a man with a sly touch that goes unnoticed by refs getting away with murder bit winding up the opposition.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Anyone else think we need a bit of a nasty player in our team? Over vthe last couple of seasons we seem to have missed that hard man type that will get in the faces of the opposition and give us a bit of an edge.

I have loved the Spanish Spanish/flair players that we have had over the last 4 years or so but last season we seemed to be missing a bit of grit and aggression.

Doesn't need to be a dirty player but just someone to wind people up like Charlie Oatway, El-abd and even Ashley Barnes used to do. Sometimes I think we are just a bit too nice.

Anyone agree or is it just the Saturday whisky talking?

Hard - Yes
Committed - Yes
Honest - Yes

Nasty - NO!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every team needs a nasty b****** shirley? Last genuine one we had was Adam El-Abd who once memorably spooked the entire Pompey team in the first half of a Withdean cup-tie to such an extent that he more or less won the game single-handed.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I still maintain that reason we were relegated from the Championship in 2006 was because Oatway missed the second half of the season.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I think it's pace we need rather than nastiness. We were so one paced last season and I still don't believe this has been adressed with the signings so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here