[Albion] Do we miss Hughton?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HBoi

May 15, 2019
Hampshire
No it’s not, let’s not go there, he saved it for us, the fans. He is the custodian and is as a betting man, working/ playing the odds on survival/progression as a club, a fine balance in this league. He may very well get this wrong, but him being a methodical big picture thinker he has only the best interest of the club at heart I’m positive of, but even He can be blindsided by the future, whilst not looking at the here and now....

Hughton had to go the results and more importantly the performances and dressing room had gone, Potter has new ideas, and trying to instil them on an inherited ageing, uneducated squad, we can all see the signs that when it works it’s a sight to behold. Come on Tottenham 3 feckin nil, Arsenal, numerous other games we should of held on or won after dominating, lapses of concentration or quality cost us points not management.....

Team Potter :D

Brighton 3 : 2 United
Brighton 3 : 1 Palace
Palace 2 : 1 Brighton

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Disappointed that @Dr no has not made an appearance as yet

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I miss Chris Hughton as a thoroughly decent human being who did a wonderful job for our club but it was absolutely the right time for a change. He has his place in our history and I wish him every success in the future but as a fan, no.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a mention of Dunks sloppy header that lead to Bmuffs first ???

As he was back-pedalling and sideways on, a very difficult header, as he couldn’t generate power, the issue for me on that was not the CBs, but the fact that neither Stephens or Propper were within 10 yards to pick up the loose ball, but Bournemouth were.

Crap tracking back for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It was time for CH to go.
He had achieved a lot for the club, but appeared totally lost and bereft of ideas during the latter days of his tenure.
Will he ever get another Prem job? At 63 or whatever and with his record, I have my serious doubts.
Do we miss him? No, I don't think so, for the reasons I have stated.
We shall see whether or not GP is the answer over the next 2 or 3 seasons whether we stay up or not. I don't think the boss will gooner him unless we go into a complete meltdown.
As Portlock said in an earlier thread..........there may be a third way!
Anyway, shit or bust, it isn't going to be boring during the remainder of the season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It was time for CH to go.
He had achieved a lot for the club, but appeared totally lost and bereft of ideas during the latter days of his tenure.
Will he ever get another Prem job? At 63 or whatever and with his record, I have my serious doubts.
Do we miss him? No, I don't think so, for the reasons I have stated.
We shall see whether or not GP is the answer over the next 2 or 3 seasons whether we stay up or not. I don't think the boss will gooner him unless we go into a complete meltdown.
As Portlock said in an earlier thread..........there may be a third way!
Anyway, shit or bust, it isn't going to be boring during the remainder of the season.

This. Well put.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love the bloke, regardless of what happens this season it was still the right decision...

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
In terms of the club’s image, I miss Mr Hughton. He was a great ambassador for the club; always smartly dressed and erudite in interviews.

Although I agree about him as an individual the anti football he was playing at the end of last season was damaging our image and reputation. Pundits, commentators, opposition fans were openly mocking our style and not one single one of them would have considered us a loss to the PL.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is what I said in #37 you just interpreted it differently.

The first half of #37 "time will tell if Potter is the answer....." also reads that he will be here until either he leaves (may still be the managerial answer for our club/owner but chose to leave) or Bloom sacks him for whatever reason he chooses (not the answer).
"Time has already answered that Hughton isn't". No it hasn't.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mods, is there some way to immediately auto delete a thread if attempts to provoke comparisons between our current manager and our last one?

How many times does exactly the same discussion need to take place?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
"Time has already answered that Hughton isn't". No it hasn't.

Yes it has, deary me. After last season for whatever reason or benchmark Bloom used, he sacked Hughton. If Hughton is still the answer (for the club/bloom) at this time or for the future then why isn't he here?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Defensively, absolutely. If we could get him coaching the defenders and Potter the forwards we'd be laughing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Defensively, absolutely. If we could get him coaching the defenders and Potter the forwards we'd be laughing.

I'm not sure you could marry the defensive philosophy of wingers covering full backs, min 2 central midfielders holding with a philosophy of breaking into spaces, creating overlaps, and moving forward in packs to create chance opportunities.

Can you imagine the conversation at training....
GP - okay CH, you can have Dunk, Duffy, Webbo, Montoya, Bernardo and Burn to work with this morning.
CH - what about Trossard, March, Jahanbakhsh, Stephens, Propper?
GP - well they're working with me on the attacking play.
CH - how am I supposed to coach a defense without a defense in front of the defense?
GP - I can give you Dale?
CH - and Davy?
GP - no...

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
As he was back-pedalling and sideways on, a very difficult header, as he couldn’t generate power, the issue for me on that was not the CBs, but the fact that neither Stephens or Propper were within 10 yards to pick up the loose ball, but Bournemouth were.

Crap tracking back for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to agree. The number of times these two go missing or end up ball watching when we are under pressure is worrying. We really need a couple of pacy hard men controlling the midfield

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports