Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we know which players are out tonight with Covid?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given how few defenders we have available, I'd suggest that we all drop Sanchez, even if he's playing. I'm amazed that we seem to be favourites with most bookmakers. It seems like a very tough night ahead.

Call me a bad fan but either we're going to get a totally unexpected draw or win out of this or Paddy Power are paying for my Xmas bottle of Single Malt.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I had a semi serious thought (never a good idea!), but if the rumours are true about who is positive for covid, and given the injury list, we are missing basically all but one or two of the first team, and a fair bit of the FT squad.

At what point does it become an option to just play the full U23 team, on the basis that they are doing quite well, and at least have all played together and have a good understanding of each other and what to expect. As it looks like a fair few of them will be playing and on the bench anyway, why not do something totally out of the box!!!

Tonight is rapidly becoming on paper a complete no hoper so is there a case for saying, lets rest the few fit first teamers and give the younguns some great experience in front of a large crowd, and you never know we may just get something out of it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No idea how he knows, but he swears that he does, our postman has just informed me, that three of the players who will be missing due to Covid this evening, are Sanchez, Cucarella, and March.

That's the defence gone for a burton if it's true.

My mate got a picture of Sanchez walking around Hove Tesco’s yesterday at 7pm and not wearing a mask.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Call me a bad fan but either we're going to get a totally unexpected draw or win out of this or Paddy Power are paying for my Xmas bottle of Single Malt.

I have backed wolves at 2.2 to win (draw no bet) because I simply can’t see how we can win.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I had a semi serious thought (never a good idea!), but if the rumours are true about who is positive for covid, and given the injury list, we are missing basically all but one or two of the first team, and a fair bit of the FT squad.

At what point does it become an option to just play the full U23 team, on the basis that they are doing quite well, and at least have all played together and have a good understanding of each other and what to expect. As it looks like a fair few of them will be playing and on the bench anyway, why not do something totally out of the box!!!

Tonight is rapidly becoming on paper a complete no hoper so is there a case for saying, lets rest the few fit first teamers and give the younguns some great experience in front of a large crowd, and you never know we may just get something out of it.

Great imagination, but.....never!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Steele, Gross, Locadia are not huge misses particularly with Lallana and Alzate back.

Maupay is a huge miss though maybe Ferguson could get minutes.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No idea how he knows, but he swears that he does, our postman has just informed me, that three of the players who will be missing due to Covid this evening, are Sanchez, Cucarella, and March.

That's the defence gone for a burton if it's true.

So does Postie Mark deliver the correct mail to your house, or does he just guess which mail is for which house?! :smile:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
May also be Dunk, Webster or Duffy ???

That could be the reason Potter said 3 or 4 ?

Three could have played and one already injured/suspended ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here