Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we dare to dream?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
some people are in for a real disappointment come the end of the season.

remember when we called leeds fans delusional?
I agree with others..... the one thing that Albion fans are, that's realistic,.... no fans that I know have any thoughts of anything other than mid table mediocrity in the short to medium term at least.... maybe with a bit of a cup run thrown in from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
When it comes to my dearest BHAFC, having supported them for over 30 years, I'm not even a 'glass-half-full' kinda guy. I'm a 'spilt my full ****ing pint all over the bar then puked on the barmaid' kinda guy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being a Brighton fan if you can’t dream football is probably not for you as long as you are aware that there is a 95% chance of the dream being shattered. That 5% where they come true make it all worthwhile though :smile:

I'm staying cautiously optimistic. Our progress this season so far has been excellent, we've won games we wouldn't have last season.

But we have had a friendly start and I know we could hit bad form if we lose badly to the scum. Let's just enjoy it and keep our feet on the ground, if we are in a similar spot after 15 games, I'll then start to dream even more.

ps Why do people always need to state how long they've been a fan for on threads like these. It's so weird.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I'm staying cautiously optimistic. Our progress this season so far has been excellent, we've won games we wouldn't have last season.

But we have had a friendly start and I know we could hit bad form if we lose badly to the scum. Let's just enjoy it and keep our feet on the ground, if we are in a similar spot after 15 games, I'll then start to dream even more.

ps Why do people always need to state how long they've been a fan for on threads like these. It's so weird.

How old are you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's going well. This season could be interesting if our bad luck from last year comes around.

Hopefully, we will be safe fairly early this season playing brilliant football with a cup run to get excited about.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As far as I am concerned, the main aim for the season continues to be to avoid relegation - to finish 17th or above, to get the 40 points, or whatever is needed this season.

That realism is tempered by the growing Hope that we are going to do better than that this season. We are in 4th place as I write, and I would certainly not anticipate being there at the end of the season. But mid-table anonymity would be an achievement. A top half finish? Well why not. And European Football next season could happen. If West Ham can get there, why not?

But mathematically safe is still the main aim. Once we’ve got there……..

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Audere est Facere? No, sod that Spurs shit!

Where do these clubs get these Latin mottos from and why don’t we have one?

Think ours should be Carpe Diem (“Seize the day” for the less literate)! Rather appropriate at the moment.

Am enjoying the turnaround in our luck. We certainly didn’t get much the whole of last season…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its been a great start statistic wise, but think Watford at home is the only game that we thoroughly deserved 3 points.
Unlike last season, Napoleon's quote of rather having lucky generals than good ones springs to mind, but still think we will finish comfortably mid table.

Also still hope for a new striker in the January transfer window to make further progress.

Last edited:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
some people are in for a real disappointment come the end of the season.

remember when we called leeds fans delusional?

Dreaming about something is a lot different from realistically expecting or predicting it.

I dream of having a Ferrari, however I am never actually disappointed I don't have one on the drive.

That said, I realistically expected to have had a threesome by now with Gal Gadot and Scarlett Johansson (in full DC and Marvel costumes). That hasn't happened and I do feel real disappointment about that.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
As far as I am concerned, the main aim for the season continues to be to avoid relegation - to finish 17th or above, to get the 40 points, or whatever is needed this season.

That realism is tempered by the growing Hope that we are going to do better than that this season. We are in 4th place as I write, and I would certainly not anticipate being there at the end of the season. But mid-table anonymity would be an achievement. A top half finish? Well why not. And European Football next season could happen. If West Ham can get there, why not?

This.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
We know who we are as we are little old Brighton, that team from the south coast that no one takes seriously. We are the team that is constantly forgotten about in the media’s list of teams doing well. We are the team that you look for the match report on the BBC’s website is found at the bottom just above the lower leagues; it goes on and on with habitual inequalities towards our little ole club.

Personally, I love this as it just shows the ignorance directed towards clubs like ours in such cries from supporters of the so-called top six teams, who, by the way, I genuinely feel that we don’t fear now, we respect them, but we have beaten most of them.

We have gotten used to despair, frustration and disappointment, so much so that when we do start to have some success, that niggling doubt maybe realisation saves us from dreaming too much about success for our club, but that safety valve is getting harder and harder to keep in check when you get reports like this below that pop up. We still have a long way to go, but it’s great to be a Brighton supporter… right now!

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2021-2022/brighton-hove-albion-have-been-building-their-rise-for-years-you-just-didn-t-notice_sto8550964/story.shtml

Love that crowd scene vid, is that the season we beat Rochdale 5-0?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Perhaps your closing statement should read:

"But mathematically safe as early as possible is still the main aim" :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I popped TalkShite on last night at 23:00, as I was driving home after the match. We got fulsome praise for our start to the season and the football we play and then… speculation about how long we’d be able to keep Potter if we maintain this progress.

And there’s the rub. The second we do advance up the food chain, we become prey for bigger clubs. I’ve every confidence that Bloom always has an eye to the future and succession planning in place but you can’t help but worry about losing Potter sooner rather than later.

As for this season, my dream was simply not to spend too much of it looking nervously over our shoulder. So far, so good. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here