Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DK & MM - Thoughts.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Following on from my post on the 'McGhee and Booker gone' thread;

"My tuppence worth:

- McGhee - I wasn't in the McGhee out camp, but have no problem with him going. Bit shocked about Booker though.
- Have we sacked him? Is it mutual consent? Is it amicable? Has McGhee done the honourable thing and quit, thus saving the club a shedload of money?
- Timing - call me a cynic, but I think the timing could be part of a PR game... BHA, lose manager (blame the stadium, etc etc), BHA have ongoing few weeks looking for top manager (nobody likes Withdean, etc etc)... Lib Dem Conference (LDC killing club - lost another good manager... etc etc)... and so on."

Am I giving DK too much credit?

Does MM deserve our praise for stepping aside (he could by rights have gotten arsey, but all seems amicable)?

What does BB do next?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As long as we get a decent manager in and not give it to Wilkins then i'm happy.

Curbs But i doubt it
Royal?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Would think Bob Booker will join McGhee at his next club as those two looked like they got along.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the Lib Dem conference is VERY relevant in terms of timing.

DK will have picked up on the apathy amongst the fans, partly caused my McGhee, partly caused by no signings and would have been worried what this may do to the turn out.

Why wait when the writing was on the wall. Why risk his own status for a manager that he thought could do the job?

It all seems a little odd to me and I keep coming back to the fact that DK has done this to save his own position, purely and simply, not in a selfish way I don't believe, but because he feels he is the only one that can deliver Falmer. He may be right, I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here