Djurgården

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm off to Stockholm in April and want to see a match so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get a ticket and where is best to sit? Many thanks for any help.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Just a little research is needed. Djurgardens' website is dif.se which has an english translation. Tickets can be purchased online from ticnet.se. As a person who has an interest in everything swedish, pick your match with care, as the local derbys can be a little bit hairy.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just a little research is needed. Djurgardens' website is dif.se which has an english translation. Tickets can be purchased online from ticnet.se. As a person who has an interest in everything swedish, pick your match with care, as the local derbys can be a little bit hairy.

Would have to agree with that! Its back to the 80's over there!

Was in Gothenburg station in 2009 just after IFK had played Djurgarden. Claret everywhere!

And the Stockholm derbys are worse!!!

Indeed they can. About a week ago AIK and Djugardens were across the front pages for crowd trouble at their ice-hockey derby game. Apparently, from what I understand, they get 'hairy' between each other regardless of the sport - it's just the same guys in the crowds meeting for a bit of agro regardless.

They need PROPER stewarding crowd control.

I'm off to Stockholm in April and want to see a match so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get a ticket and where is best to sit? Many thanks for any help.

I met with several of the team on Thursday, and they were presented to the crowd between 1st and 2nd periods of the ice-hockey game vs Luleå, which we lost :(
Good lads to chat with, and looking forward to the start of the season next month - starting out with THE big grudge match against AIK.
Not sure if *I* can secure any tickets, but it should be simple enough to pick some up in town when you are over here.

Hammarby v AIK is a big grudge match

Just be aware if it's a Djurgårdens v AIK game, as it's going to be a bit mental I think. The problem tends to be from Eastern Block types of immigrants bringing their home issues over here. Factions even arrange meetings around the grounds and City to do battle.
Sanctions have been costly too, and may continue in punishing these Stockholm sides in particular.

Some of NSC like to complain about stewarding, but I can assure you that you would not enjoy it being too relaxed (or missing completely) - nor too stringent (like has been known when England play abroad). We wouldn't have even got permission for Falmer, had things been anything like it has been here at times. Obviously it's something that is being addressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports