Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Diving Kane

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It is a shame that someone with Kane's quality (and Son) feel the need to cheat to gain advantage - pathetic really

I believe irts refered to as profassional gamesmanship.

A good shoeing in the car park would not be out of order

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, seeing as Steve Gerrard was allowed to chuck a leg out sideways to generate contact and fall over to be awarded a penalty it seems anything goes now.

It is sad that such 'big' players feel the need to do something like this.

Somebody should start sticking one on the cheats. Gotta be worth a ban to highlight it?

Salah 'clothes lines' himself - smack in the mouth.
Kane makes a back - smack in the mouth.

A trailing leg, to "invite the challenge". Pundits drool over the supposed craft. Rooney liked to buy pens, amongst many others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been saying it for years, flat track bully and a cheat. I may change my mind about the flat track bully bit if he ever has a meaningful game against a top team when playing for England

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well, seeing as Steve Gerrard was allowed to chuck a leg out sideways to generate contact and fall over to be awarded a penalty it seems anything goes now.

It is sad that such 'big' players feel the need to do something like this.

Somebody should start sticking one on the cheats. Gotta be worth a ban to highlight it?

Salah 'clothes lines' himself - smack in the mouth.
Kane makes a back - smack in the mouth.

Didn't White get one on Kane late in the game, I'd was reasonably well refreshed by that point, but pretty sure he did. Top man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK we were robbed by crafty gamesmanship and a dimbot VAR ref but this is reading a bit like one of those articles in Private Eye when the 'Daily Mail' offers an apology for previously holding one view that they have now revised in the light of naked self-interest.

Pull up your pants, everyone, and move on FFS.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Been saying it for years, flat track bully and a cheat. I may change my mind about the flat track bully bit if he ever has a meaningful game against a top team when playing for England

Two Premier League Golden Boots and a WC Golden Boot would indicate otherwise.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Two Premier League Golden Boots and a WC Golden Boot would indicate otherwise.

Do you have the stats of who he scored against for the PL golden boots, I am guessing he didn’t get many against Top 6 sides? He may have got the WC Golden boot but come on he was useless once we came up against a half reasonable side and totally lived up to the flat track bully tag imo

Did I mention that he’s also a serial cheat?

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Do you have the stats of who he scored against for the PL golden boots, I am guessing he didn’t get many against Top 6 sides? He may have got the WC Golden boot but come on he was useless once we came up against a half reasonable side and totally lived up to the flat track bully tag imo

Did I mention that he’s also a serial cheat?

How many of his WC goals were penalties that we "won"?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many of his WC goals were penalties that we "won"?

I have had a quick scan of his scoring record and it really doesn’t look that impressive against top sides. A few here and there but nothing like some of the genuine world quality players. Yes he score lots of goals against lesser teams but that just reinforces my view of him being a flat track bully. Would I like him playing for us? Yes of course but I really do feel that he is very overhyped :shrug:

Yoda

English & European
Martin Keown actually considered it dangerous play.

It is, you have no idea how the other player will end up landing. It's already considered this in rugby. Why does football have to wait for someone to get seriously injured for this for it to be considered as such?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
OK we were robbed by crafty gamesmanship and a dimbot VAR ref but this is reading a bit like one of those articles in Private Eye when the 'Daily Mail' offers an apology for previously holding one view that they have now revised in the light of naked self-interest.

Pull up your pants, everyone, and move on FFS.

:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is a shame that someone with Kane's quality (and Son) feel the need to cheat to gain advantage - pathetic really

At least we can be confident in the fact their manager will sort it out.

(checks notes)

Oh.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As always, when something like this happens I take to social media to see what neutral fans, pundits and journalists are saying. It comes as absolutely no surprise that it’s only Spurs fans who believe the Kane penalty to be the correct decision, with the unanimous feeling being that he cheated in the same manner that he regularly does.

Yoda

English & European
He is one of the reasons I no longer watch England games. Cheat.

As for VAR, were they looking at whether it was a foul on Kane or just where it took place?

From what I can gather, only on where the incident took place (was Kane inside or out). Clearly they should be also looking at whether it should've been given in the first place once this was decided upon. (ie. who instigated the 'foul' and therefore whether there's a clear and obvious error)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have had a quick scan of his scoring record and it really doesn’t look that impressive against top sides. A few here and there but nothing like some of the genuine world quality players. Yes he score lots of goals against lesser teams but that just reinforces my view of him being a flat track bully. Would I like him playing for us? Yes of course but I really do feel that he is very overhyped :shrug:

Rooney scored loads of International goals . . . . all against MIchael rodent backwater nations like the Isle of White. . look at the goals in big games or against top 10 world clubs and the stats stack up very differently.

Icy is correct, good striker but no where near the greatest, a bully and a cheat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here