Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Divine Journeys

Walking over Tower Bridge yesterday I saw a bus with the advertising slogan;

"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God," Psalm 53.1

Now to me, this seems a little odd. Is that not like trying to justify the holocaust by quoting from Mein Kampf?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Now to me, this seems a little odd. Is that not like trying to justify the holocaust by quoting from Mein Kampf?

It's in response to an advertising campaign which has the words 'There is no God' (or something like that anyway) on a lot of London Buses. It's just a pity the God Botherers concerned can't find a better way of spending their followers money. A lot of people think that believing in any deity is pretty foolish given that there's no tangible proof of any such being.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Taken out of context. You have to read the rest of it,for it to make sense.
I just did, which I suppose is the object of the advert.:angel:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
After the Atheists came out with 'Anti-god' slogans, the Christians have taken a stand to reply back using similar medium.

As reported by the Guardian, a series of advertisements claiming praises of God made a run across the London buses. Trinitarian Bible Society and the Russian Orthodox Church are have organized their own Christian campaigns.

The pro-God slogans will be featured in 175 buses for two weeks, starting February 9th . A bus advert created by Rev George Hargreaves of the Christian Party will run on 50 bendy buses in central London, east London and the West End.
'The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God,'

The adverts will state: "There definitely is a God. So join the Christian Party and enjoy your life." The Russian Orthodox Church has on the other hand booked 25 super-size bus advertisements, backed by a sponsorship deal with Russian Hour TV, using the line 'There IS a God, BELIEVE. Don't worry and enjoy your life.'

However, a much milder approach has been taken by the Trinitarian Bible Society, that has used a Bible verse to reply the non-believers. 'The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God,' runs the ad taken from Psalm 53.1.

Dandyman

In London village.
It's in response to an advertising campaign which has the words 'There is no God' (or something like that anyway) on a lot of London Buses. It's just a pity the God Botherers concerned can't find a better way of spending their followers money. A lot of people think that believing in any deity is pretty foolish given that there's no tangible proof of any such being.

The atheist campaign said "There is probably no God...".

It's interesting that the party of brotherly love responds by calling a substantial part of the country fools, but then arrogance usually walks hand in hand with blind faith.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

and there I was foolishly thinking you meant it when you said you had respect for other peoples beliefs.....oh well

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
and there I was foolishly thinking you meant it when you said you had respect for other peoples beliefs.....oh well

Not when they insult mine. However, thanks for once again showing everybody how narrow minded you are. Yes, I do think you're a fool, you've just proved it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The atheist campaign said "There is probably no God...".

It's interesting that the party of brotherly love responds by calling a substantial part of the country fools, but then arrogance usually walks hand in hand with blind faith.

Don't mention this to Rusty, he'll do what his kind do so much with their book of fairy tales, he'll take it out of context.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As an inveterate ponce, can I just say that I'm fascinated by "Around The World In 80 Faiths"? It's a great programme - and I love the UBERponce hippy vicar that presents it, he's perfect for it.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Not when they insult mine. However, thanks for once again showing everybody how narrow minded you are. Yes, I do think you're a fool, you've just proved it.

narrow minded? How? Fool? Why? What proof ?

my, my, once again I can see how chilled you are with life....you off to the game this evening? Let's have a pint ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As an inveterate ponce, can I just say that I'm fascinated by "Around The World In 80 Faiths"? It's a great programme - and I love the UBERponce hippy vicar that presents it, he's perfect for it.

Well he does try and have a stab at it. Too many faiths just decide that any other religion than there's is just plain wrong.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well he does try and have a stab at it. Too many faiths just decide that any other religion than there's is just plain wrong.

Exactly - and the fact that, surprise surprise, cultures never divide easily into one thing or the other is the main subtext of that programme. Like those Samaritans, for example: 712 of them, simultaneously Palestinian and Jewish and in fact they regard normal Judaism as an upstart interloper to their own older but similar faith. No idea if it is of course, but it's interesting.

I'd imagine there must be a few hardcore Christians out there who upchucked over their tea and biscuits at the sight of a C of E vicar praying in a mosque in Aleppo proclaiming allahu akbar etc.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

my, my, once again I can see how chilled you are with life....you off to the game this evening? Let's have a pint ?

Delusional people are pretty foolish. Don't drink, it's against my religion.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Its good to know that faith groups, so insenced that the Humanists merely suggested that there is no god have decided to spunk a load of cash on Bus adverts rather than...oh I don't know...feeding starving people? Buying medicines for the sick?.

I loved it when the Christian Society threatened to complain to the Advertising Standards Agency over the original ad the Humanists responded:

"If it is to be decided by the ASA whether or not God exists we will await the outcome with interest"

Class. Pure Class.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Its good to know that faith groups, so insenced that the Humanists merely suggested that there is no god have decided to spunk a load of cash on Bus adverts rather than...oh I don't know...feeding starving people? Buying medicines for the sick?.

Why can we not do both? Both are part of our 'mandate'. It's called multi-tasking.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004

I shouldn't worry too much about what bhaexpress says, he's admitted many times that his life choices haven't been too smart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here