Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ditch the stripes?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would love a pinstriped shirt personally.

Agree, would love to see us back in a predominantly blue shirt with white pin stripes for a couple of seasons just for a change. We are the stripes of course, but it doesn't get frickin' boring season after season seeing the same old, the only variation a different back panel, sponsor or something relatively minor. A bit of imagination wouldn't go amiss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like the shirts as they do what they are supposed to do show us the BHA players I dont want the shirts as a casual shirt to wear so how the sponsors name etc is on them matters not 1 iota to me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
given how the new shirt has turned out is it time for a break from the stripes?

If nike can't (or won't) produce a shirt that has a break in the stripes, and if the american express logo has to be in a solid box then do we need to look at an alternative?

One of better designs posted by someone on here was a blue kit with white pinstripes which surely would've worked.

It would also save the rubbish look of having a striped front and plain back for all those tards who can't recognise a player from 30 yards away.

And it's not like a total break from tradition, we had the b cal and phoenix brewery shirts in the 80's.

ban!!!!!!!!sacrilegeous claptrap!!

Tnba

ttf

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Happy to stick with stripey SKINT shirt and stripey No Logo Amex opening celebration shirt until they fall apart. If it were not for a schoolboy error regarding washing instructions (Gah!), the über-stretchy non-stripey Palookaville top would have provided a damn fine third option. So the stripes are not sacrosanct as a one-off. IMHO, like.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Along with those who got in quicker, I also take exception at the 'tards' jibe.

The pitch is 70m wide, then there's another 10m or so to the first row of seats. My seats are in Row Z, so even from there, a player in the nearest half could be 100m away (and that's just from the LOWER tier). My eyesight is admittedly less than perfect these days, but its not poor, and I've struggled at times telling similar looking players like Sparrow / Painter, Bruno / El Abd, Upson / Bridge apart. Yes, things like the colour of their boots / their running style, etc can help, but that doesn't mean the numbering shouldn't be as clear as it possibly can be. That is after all, the POINT of the numbers being there.

Regardless of any of that, can you explain why having less than perfect vision makes somebody RETARDED?

I bet your colour blind aswell. I stick all the time from racists who think it's funny to take the mickey out of us colourblind people.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
What's the big deal with stripes ? When I first started supporting, back in Archie Macauley's day (or thereabouts) we had solid blue shirts with white sleeves. As has been mentioned before we have strayed from the stripes several times since then. Far more options for a good shirt design in my opinion, if no stripes.
We don't seem to worry about changing anyhing else, and so long as it's BHA and the coulours are blue and white, then I will be happy.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pinstripes look and have always looked cheap and nasty - the 80's versions were particularly duff.

Striped shorts is the answer.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What's the big deal with stripes ? When I first started supporting, back in Archie Macauley's day (or thereabouts) we had solid blue shirts with white sleeves. As has been mentioned before we have strayed from the stripes several times since then. Far more options for a good shirt design in my opinion, if no stripes.
We don't seem to worry about changing anyhing else, and so long as it's BHA and the coulours are blue and white, then I will be happy.
Yes to GOM...agree,was there and always thought that Blue shirt,White sleeves was the 'Bobby Smith' shirt,have a terrific signed photo of Bobby rounding the goalkeeper to score. But as you say,as long as the home shirt is blue and white I'm happy...do have the Palooka shirt but that was a one off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here