Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Disney Channel - This is us

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mrs Giraffe watched a few episodes of this and said it was so good that I had to watch it. So I did, and we are now ploughing through the second of six series with an awful lot of episodes in each series.

The problem is it's a bit depressing. There are uplifting moments and a few laughs but overall it's getting me down frankly. I described it as a polished Eastenders. But I'm invested in all the characters so can't give it up. Sly Stallone even popped up with a cameo in one of last night's episodes. It is very clever writing but just a bit depressing.

Anyone else watching it or is it just me and Mrs Giraffe?

Now reading this I see it is billed as a tragedy. I should have read this before committing! I am a fool.

ps) no spoilers please.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For me it’s one of the best shows of recent times

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Mrs Giraffe watched a few episodes of this and said it was so good that I had to watch it. So I did, and we are now ploughing through the second of six series with an awful lot of episodes in each series.

The problem is it's a bit depressing. There are uplifting moments and a few laughs but overall it's getting me down frankly. I described it as a polished Eastenders. But I'm invested in all the characters so can't give it up. Sly Stallone even popped up with a cameo in one of last night's episodes. It is very clever writing but just a bit depressing.

Anyone else watching it or is it just me and Mrs Giraffe?

Now reading this I see it is billed as a tragedy. I should have read this before committing! I am a fool.

ps) no spoilers please.
I’m with you on this. Yes, it started very enjoyably…

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll admit to not being a fan. It winds me up when they build up to a series crescendo, then fail to deliver on the very story end you're supposed to be getting and after the end of Season 1 I thought they could do one.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My missus and one of my best friends absolutely love it. I did mind what I saw of it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I ponced this on Kodi a while back and really enjoyed it, I think me and the doris watched a couple of series. Then Kodi went to shit so we dropped it.

Got IPTV now though, so I might revisit now I'll be able to see it properly. Its been so long mind, I'll probably have to go back to the start. Thats what WFH is for though eh ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Did or didn’t?
That should be did like what I saw of it, sorry. She's already watched the whole thing at least twice I'm saving it for round three in a few years time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here