Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgrace

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It WAS wrong but at the end of the day, if you WERE there you would have heard a chant started by a few morons, taken up by a few others who quickly realised what they were saying (I think it may have sounded worse due to the fact a lot of us were singing 'Youre just a small town in Hitchin' not totally realising what others were singing).

BHAFC as a whole has a marvellous away support and my missus (a copper at a lot of games in London) will back me up in saying we are a universe away from the most racist fans, not that that is an excuse for us to have any at all, but FFS, take 1500 people off the street and are you really trying to tell me that you wouldnt get 10 or so Racist fruitcakes ?? Course you would, so what everyone expects really baffles me. I learned a long time ago (as an Englishman with a Scottish accent !) that to give this tiny tiny minority any sort of limelight whatsover is a moral victory for the bigots.

As its already been said if you WERE there and saw something get in touch with the club, if you wernt, then quite frankly I dont really see how you can comment on a situation which has several very different standpoints.

berkshire seagull said:
If someone calls me a fag in anyway i hit back whatever way is best i.e town full of paki's etc as its just banter full stop.
Also a couple of geezers trying to get on the pitch will rearly damage falmer won't it dear o dear.

Some people on here need to get a grip and realise that every club has hooligans and they are not going anywhere and none of this affects falmer in anyway thats a fact.

Its funny rearly as a lot of people say just off to the paki shop and yet its not rearly deemed as racist as are many things or is it just the weird people who deam everything racist and a fair few of them on here.??? :cool:

Just because a lot of people say 'paki' (funny, I don't know that many) doesn't make it right. 'Paki' is a racist term, in exactly the same way as '******', 'wog' or 'coon'. The 'others do it so it's okay' arguement is lame and just demonstrates that you can't make an informed decision for yourself.

I agree that references to 'faggots' is also predjudice that seems to be accepted. Still doesn't make it right. I had a row with a copper when sitting in U Block a couple of years ago, when he warned an Albion fan for making monkey gestures. This after we had had to endure ninety minutes of homophobia from the away fans next door to us.

Twenty years ago it was perfectly acceptable for Alf Garnet to say 'sambo' or 'chalkie' on TV. Now you wouldn't get away with it. I believe eventually homophobia will be treated with the same disdain as racism. It'll just take a while as it's been in the open for less time and still (wrongly) has a certain comedy value to it.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Timbo said:
I was arrested and charged for encroaching on to the Playing area. After two and a half hours of paperwork I was released into the wilds of Luton. I signed my name 23 times!

I'm in court on the 19th of Feb. The Police were actually very good, in fact the arresting officer pleaded with the on duty inspector to just throw me out but he wouldn't have it.

Didn't think you had actually got on the pitch until they grabbed you!!

Have to agree that the Stewards seemed okay, although the way the OB charged done the stand didn't help matter I don't think.... maybe they thought we were Millwall....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Timbo said:
Nice one. Thanks for that.

no problem.

As it happens I only ended up over the barrier because of people pushing behind me. Nobody was trying to get on the pitch, just pushing forward like what used to happen at Football before it got taken over by the PC Brigade.

Err yeah right!

I suppose the bloke who was waving that cash at the ref must have a similar stand point?

"Ehh I was just getting some cash out my pocket for a burger and chips when there was this almighty surge forward! At the same time my arm had a spasm and it made my arm wave frantically at the ref! Honest gov!"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Just because a lot of people say 'paki' (funny, I don't know that many) doesn't make it right. 'Paki' is a racist term, in exactly the same way as '******', 'wog' or 'coon'. The 'others do it so it's okay' arguement is lame and just demonstrates that you can't make an informed decision for yourself.

I agree that references to 'faggots' is also predjudice that seems to be accepted. Still doesn't make it right. I had a row with a copper when sitting in U Block a couple of years ago, when he warned an Albion fan for making monkey gestures. This after we had had to endure ninety minutes of homophobia from the away fans next door to us.

Twenty years ago it was perfectly acceptable for Alf Garnet to say 'sambo' or 'chalkie' on TV. Now you wouldn't get away with it. I believe eventually homophobia will be treated with the same disdain as racism. It'll just take a while as it's been in the open for less time and still (wrongly) has a certain comedy value to it.
Yeah thats why we get stuck because fagott is acceptable as a chant mmmmm,well also that there isn't rearly a racist word for whites either and that makes it even more strange as they can't ever get done for being racist to us and thats a fact.:drink:

Its all about opions on what is and what isn't and due to most seeing it in a diffrent way thats why you get arguments full stop.:smokin:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The waters are muddied because some people who do not consider themselves as racists, just for a laugh, join in with the "town full of Paki's" and "small town in Delhi" type chants that surface now and then at football. I'm not saying that joining in, sheep-like, with those chants makes that person a racist. But it just adds fuel to the fire, and bolsters the genuine knuckle-scraping racists within the crowd who love nothing more than to belittle ethnic minorities as part of their afternoons entertainment.

I'm not trying to come across as "holier than thou", but its a line I just do not cross at a football match. Everyone has their own reasons for joining in with the "Paki" and "Delhi" chants. Most probably do it for a laugh, some will be genuine bigots. I'm not comfortable with it, never have been, never will be, and will never join in with it. And I think it gives a very poor impression of Albion fans. That doesn't make us unique - racist chanting probably happens with most clubs. But it makes us look as crap as the rest, which ain't good.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
ChutneyStirrer said:
Didn't think you had actually got on the pitch until they grabbed you!!

Have to agree that the Stewards seemed okay, although the way the OB charged done the stand didn't help matter I don't think.... maybe they thought we were Millwall....

Having just read it, it actually says 'without lawful authority or lawful excuse, went onto an area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators were not generally admitted' which is probably different to encroachment.

The stewards were going to put me back in the crowd until the charge of the light brigade arrived. Then people started grabbing me to get me back in which made it worse.

To be honest I didn't want to go back in. I'd seen enough!

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Safeway said:
I believe eventually homophobia will be treated with the same disdain as racism. It'll just take a while as it's been in the open for less time and still (wrongly) has a certain comedy value to it.

The sooner 'comedians' such as Julian Clary and Graham Norton stop making 'hilarious' gags about back passages the better...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
well also that there isn't rearly a racist word for whites either and that makes it even more strange as they can't ever get done for being racist to us and thats a fact
Ever thought that it might be because, in this country at least, racism is generally dished out by "whites", and not the other way round ? Thats not to say that racism against whites does not exist within some cultures, but racism is predominantly "dished out" (for want of a better word) by whites against other ethnic groups.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Lammy said:
no problem.

Err yeah right!

I suppose the bloke who was waving that cash at the ref must have a similar stand point?

"Ehh I was just getting some cash out my pocket for a burger and chips when there was this almighty surge forward! At the same time my arm had a spasm and it made my arm wave frantically at the ref! Honest gov!"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Don't get that I'm afraid. I had commited an offence but I don't yet think waving cash at a referee is arrestable.

For the record I don't actually find the 'small town in Dehli' reference offensive. It's more tounge-in-cheek than anything. 'Town full of Pakis' uses direct racist language and is well out of order. The only people that should be offended by the Dehli references are residents of Dehli itself (can't imagine there were many there last night). Having been to both towns I can catergorically state that Luton is far more of a shit hole.

It's the same with the chants we get. 'Town full of faggots' is wrong as it uses offensive language. However, I tend more to raise a wry smile to 'Does your boyfriend know you're here?'.

That might make me sound slightly hypocritical but that's the way I see it. Anyone who disagrees is a ****.*

*Not really.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Ever thought that it might be because, in this country at least, racism is generally dished out by "whites", and not the other way round ? Thats not to say that racism against whites does not exist within some cultures, but racism is predominantly "dished out" (for want of a better word) by whites against other ethnic groups.

I think that is wholly wrong. We know have Black only groups in nearly every walk of life. Try starting a white only group and see how far you get.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Timbo said:
Don't get that I'm afraid. I had commited an offence but I don't yet think waving cash at a referee is arrestable.

It is if you stand on the pitch to do it. Which he was. I was there.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Lammy said:

Respect to the fella waving the cash.... at least he was goading the referee with a bit of wit.... not against the law I don't think, as he was explaining to the OB!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Timbo said:
I think that is wholly wrong. We know have Black only groups in nearly every walk of life. Try starting a white only group and see how far you get.
Round up all the racists in this country, and see what colour they are. I acknowledge that there are factions of racism the other way, but I'd stand by my assertion that the bulk of it is directed by white people against black/asian.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ChutneyStirrer said:
Respect to the fella waving the cash.... at least he was goading the referee with a bit of wit.... not against the law I don't think, as he was explaining to the OB!!

I agree! I thought it was quite funny. However, if you get carted off for climbing over the advertising you should have no compliants.

And don't you <-(should be "use") the excuse, it was the surge forward that made me do it.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
Yeah but if there was a real offensive racist words towards whites here you would see racist remarks rocket.
Lets not forget its not always one way although being the fact we don't have a proper racist names thats why it swings on whites and basicly you have to be white to be a racist mmmmmm.:ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember at one game the chant " does your boyfriend know you're here" eminated from the crowd, to which the reply came " He's shaggin your mum" to the tune of "we want Falmer, etc etc"

Made me chuckle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here