Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgrace

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Storer68 said:
and their chant of "Town full of faggotts" and "Do you take it up the arse" was totally acceptable. I don't think so

If you are offended by the above chants, then you need to get out more, and stop being so sensitive

If sung to me, I'd do what I always do (see post on page 2)

Having my sexuality questioned by dip-shit northerners comes at the very bottom of the list of things that make me mad!

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I think the thing is that there is such a vast difference in people on here, I mean Alan partridge says he will call me a Mick or Paddy now I have worked on building sites for much of my working life although I don't any more and that is pretty much the usual name for any one who is Irish.

Jock or sweaty for scots, my brother or sambo for blacks in fact various other forms of mild abuse about anything that is obviously different.

I suppose I may have been desensitised that sort of thing but It is banter end of. I have not racially abused anyone since I was about 15 and meant it in any way apart from banter.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I wonder how many people in the crowd last night were of asian descent? I wouldn't be surprised if a percentage of Lutons support would have agreed with the sentiments behind the song.
Didn't we sing "your just a town full of racists" at Oldham fans?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, that would be inflammatory. If 2,000 Karachi fans packed into the away end at Islamabad started singing: 'You're just a small town near Delhi', I haven't checked the map yet but that would surely be like English clubs singing 'You're just a small town near Berlin'.

This is all getting very complicated. India/Pakistan geopolitics aside, how near is Islamabad to Delhi?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
The thing is, if our campaign is going anything like OK (and I think it is), then Brighton fans are going to find themselves increasingly in the spotlight as the decision looms. And, given that there are plenty of people around who don't want us to get Falmer, the chances are that any offensive behaviour by a section of our fans, however small, will be used by someone, somewhere, as an example of why we don't deserve the stadium. If this person half as good at spreading a message as the majority of Albion fans have proved themselves to be, then we could end up losing the support of people who were going to write to Prescott, and prompting others to write against Falmer where otherwise they would have done nothing.

Small beer maybe, and certainly impossible to quantify. But if we want this campaign to work, we should not be doing ANYTHING to give ammunition to those who oppose Falmer. As fans, we owe that much to all the people who've given up their own time and money to help the campaign.

So if racist songs are your thing, may I suggest:

1. Find a different thing.
2. If you can't manage that, then at least keep it to yourself until we get Falmer.

If we hear any more racist chants at future games, I suggest a reply of "Shut up if you want Falmer". It may not do the trick, but at least it might drown out the racists.

:falmerspi :falmer: :falmerspi

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
ChutneyStirrer said:
'Small Town In Delhi' = 'Town Full Of Pakis' = Racist

Regarding people trying to get on the pitch.... from my position I saw some people surge towards the front of the stand to remonstrate with the ref for his poor decision, but weren't trying to get on the pitch. The one guy who got carted off was standing on the hoardings holding onto the pillar - if the OB had just pushed him back into the stand it wouldn't have escalated the way it did with others, quite rightly, trying to stop him getting nicked and all the other OB steaming in - it would've been over without real incident. In the end he is going to get a ban for what? Passionately remonstrating against a very poor bit of refereeing and then being a victim of heavy-handed policing....

Twas me who got arrested after the penalty. Its Been interesting
waiting and seeing peoples opinions today. So far I've been a twat and a clown! You've stuck up for me a bit more but I feel the truth is probably somewhere between the two!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Playing devil's advocate here but If there was a heavy Scottish contingent living in Luton and the Brighton fans sang 'Small town near Glasgow' would that be considered racist, inflamatory or whatever? Probably not but then it has always been socially acceptable to take the p!ss out of Scottish, Irish, Welsh etc.

That aside, this was not the brightest and certianly not the funniest chant that has been sung whether you argue it was racist or not. I know the 'We might not get Falmer argument if we fart' argument has been done but we do need as much positive PR as we can get at the moment. Last night wasn't really it in hindsight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SM BHAFC said:
Easy10 you resort to abuse quite easliy I see.
As it happens, I don't actually. Not as a rule.

I'm not your politically-correct, sandal-wearing, yoghurt-knitting sensitive type at all, and I'll join in with the banter and chanting with most people in football grounds. But common sense has to draw a line somewhere, and "you're just a small town in Delhi" should be near enough to the knuckle to be considered racist by most.

Put it this way. If I was an Asian in the crowd, and that chant came up, it would make me feel quite uncomfortable and embarrassed. Whilst that might be considered fairly minor in the great scheme of things, its still well out of order in my book. At a time when the FA are having to give serious consideration as to the number of ethnic minorities within the higher echelons of the game, off the back of a Government report, the timing of chants like this could not really be much worse, and does us no favours.

Its all very "laddish" to chant this stuff, grin to your mates and think its all highly amusing, but it makes us sound like two-faced dickheads. On the one hand, we're asking for fans to support the crusade for Falmer, while on the other hand, we're taking the piss out of their Asian communities.

Not smart. Not clever. Not funny.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was arrested and charged for encroaching on to the Playing area. After two and a half hours of paperwork I was released into the wilds of Luton. I signed my name 23 times!

I'm in court on the 19th of Feb. The Police were actually very good, in fact the arresting officer pleaded with the on duty inspector to just throw me out but he wouldn't have it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Should have just chucked you in the cell for the night, given you a beating and then let you go.

Timbo said:
the arresting officer pleaded with the on duty inspector to just throw me out but he wouldn't have it.

Exactly the same happened to those arrested at Brentford earlier in the season (one of them was a mate of mine). The custody officer (I think) said that if it was up to him then he would have released them all with cautions but as it was football-related it had gone above his head and they had to appear in court. My mate got a £60 fine and a six month conditional discharge.

I actually thought the stewards and police were very good last night. There was potential for real trouble but they seemed to handle it well. I spoke to three stewards during the evening and they were all polite, courteous and helpful.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
If someone calls me a fag in anyway i hit back whatever way is best i.e town full of paki's etc as its just banter full stop.
Also a couple of geezers trying to get on the pitch will rearly damage falmer won't it dear o dear.

Some people on here need to get a grip and realise that every club has hooligans and they are not going anywhere and none of this affects falmer in anyway thats a fact.

Its funny rearly as a lot of people say just off to the paki shop and yet its not rearly deemed as racist as are many things or is it just the weird people who deam everything racist and a fair few of them on here.??? :cool:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
berkshire seagull said:
If someone calls me a fag in anyway i hit back whatever way is best i.e town full of paki's etc as its just banter full stop.
Also a couple of geezers trying to get on the pitch will rearly damage falmer won't it dear o dear.

Some people on here need to get a grip and realise that every club has hooligans and they are not going anywhere and none of this affects falmer in anyway thats a fact.

Its funny rearly as a lot of people say just off to the paki shop and yet its not rearly deemed as racist as are many things or is it just the weird people who deam everything racist and a fair few of them on here.??? :cool:

Translation anyone?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Lammy said:
Should have just chucked you in the cell for the night, given you a beating and then let you go.

Nice one. Thanks for that.

As Safeway said, their instructions are when it becomes Football related it's a charge. As it happens I only ended up over the barrier because of people pushing behind me. Nobody was trying to get on the pitch, just pushing forward like what used to happen at Football before it got taken over by the PC Brigade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here