Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disaster Recovery

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Got a call on my way to work today informing me that the long awaited disaster recovery test day had come, and that we'd be leaving the office at 9.30 to cross bristol to the recovery site (it took 40mins to get here). Having been told we'd be back by 1 I like many others didn't bother bringing food. All good. Here's where it gets ironic, the servers at the recovery site are down, so we're stuck in the arse end if no where with no food and nothing to do. Good to know in the event of a. Disaster we are f***ed. Due to the problems we now have to stay till 3, and as we got a coach over here, there's no where to pop off to. The best part for me is I am the only one intoday as others are on holiday or half day. So from midday nothing will be done. Just going to surf the web on my phone.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Only one solution - sack the Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery manager, but only after he/she has bought everyone lunch.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Got a call on my way to work today informing me that the long awaited disaster recovery test day had come, and that we'd be leaving the office at 9.30 to cross bristol to the recovery site (it took 40mins to get here). Having been told we'd be back by 1 I like many others didn't bother bringing food. All good. Here's where it gets ironic, the servers at the recovery site are down, so we're stuck in the arse end if no where with no food and nothing to do. Good to know in the event of a. Disaster we are f***ed. Due to the problems we now have to stay till 3, and as we got a coach over here, there's no where to pop off to. The best part for me is I am the only one intoday as others are on holiday or half day. So from midday nothing will be done. Just going to surf the web on my phone.
How very interesting.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How are the people on half day going to get home? :laugh:
Can't you just sneak on with them?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
How are the people on half day going to get home? :laugh:
Can't you just sneak on with them?
Sorry I didn't explain fully, the other member of my team is back at our office doing our work.she ison a half day. So when she leaves its just going to pile up. Feel like a bloody prisoner here. No windows, small room everything is coloured grey and its pissing it down outside so I can't stp outside

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

And we are all supposed to understand what you are talking about?

Dirk lovelace

Jul 14, 2009

F*ck me ... I bet you're a hoot at parties!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a employee of the worlds second largest DR/Business Continuity company you have my sympathy.

We have a site in Bristol.....I take it the servers were your own in your own DR site?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here